Company: Sterling and Wilson Solar
Posted on: January 13, 2022
The Cost Controller is responsible for controlling the project
costs. This includes planning, developing, controlling, and
forecasting the project's budget. The goal of the Cost Controller
is to minimize the deviation from the budget and ensure that the
project is completed within the approved budget. Primary Duties and
Responsibilities (subject, but not limited to):
- Adhere to established Cost Control systems and reports within
the Organization including booking & capturing of cost in SAP.
- Work closely with the Project Management team and advise them
regularly on cost control of multiple projects across the company
- Main role involves monitoring and controlling cost
task-wise/WBS-wise and flagging variances immediately to the
- Support in the preparation of various MIS reports.
- Analyze and submit weekly cost reports (all data comes from SAP
& Finance team).
- Coordinate and review monthly cost reports prepared by
- Monitor project budget and cash flow and provide
- Revise budgets based on the forecast if necessary and
administer changes in BOQ in SAP.
- Track all variances and analyze underlying reasons for such
- Allocation of budget to procurement, subcontracting, and
- Support Project Manager for escalating claims/invoices.
- Help escalate the variation orders and claims with the right
- Coordinate with Finance dept to develop and track cash outflow
- Coordination and certification of subcontractor invoices and
maintaining a record of their progress, payments, L/Cs, BGs, and
- Ensure that all project expenses are booked under proper and
correct task codes/WBS.
- Should have hands-on knowledge of SAP and reporting.
- Generate project health reports in terms of project
- Monitor Productivity at project site W.R.T. budget/schedule and
develop productivity norms (formats available to capture inputs and
weekly reports to be generated).
- Provide inputs to bidding and estimation teams on the manpower
and equipment requirements and productivity assumptions, as
- Knowledgeable in Total Cost Management Concepts and
- Knows how to allocate the budget and establish a Cost
- Knows Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Can analyze a cost report, detect issues, and effectively
communicate the project's cost performance, issues/ concerns, &
recovery plans to the project team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Exceptionally well organized with an aptitude for data
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solid networking and interpersonal skills
- Able to generate budgets and reports
- Strong presentation skills, able to explain concepts concisely
- Able to develop strong, cooperative relationships with
- Creative thinking skills and ability to solve problems
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, or
- CCT credential or higher-level CCP, preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience.
Keywords: Sterling and Wilson Solar, Scottsdale , Cost Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!