Company: Gulf Coast Bank & Trust
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Description Division: Business Credit FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Treasury Manager Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Summary The Collections Specialist is responsible for effectively
managing Accounts Receivable through the proper evaluation of
account debtor risk and the timely resolution of purchased
accounts. Must maintain daily and monthly productivity
expectations. This position requires direct interaction with all
departments and requires teamwork across all division lines.
- Provide courteous, timely and effective customer service to
both internal and external customers.
- Contacts customers and receives payment status on past due
invoices; establishes reason for past due account situation as
necessary. May be asked to contact customers prior to due date to
ensure needed paperwork has been received in order for timely
payments to be made.
- Researches and analyzes accounts prior to initiating debtor
contact; examines historical data, evaluates past resolution
- Adheres to follow-up guidelines in order to ensure outstanding
obligations are satisfied. Uses collection queues and call-backs to
assist in determining calling priorities.
- Records resolution notes for individual invoices in Division's
- Communicates any short-pay/no pay situations to Account
Executive and other Division management as necessary. Seeks to
recommend alternative collection methods when required.
- Assists entire collection process to ensure proper coverage,
contact, and follow-up is conducted to provide the collection
effort expected by Division management.
- Effective communication and follow-up with Account Executives,
customers, and management is vital to success.
- Research and route for correction/refund any required payment
corrections, duplicate payments, or unapplied payments.
- Other duties as requested/assigned. Requirements Required
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree
- 2 years equivalent work experience in business operations role
in a fast-paced organization; Bi-lingual is a plus.
- Previous collection/call-center experience preferred; knowledge
of transportation industry is a plus.
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment
positively. Exhibits flexibility and unbiased attitude, open to new
ideas and deals effectively with high pressure situations.
- Dependability - meets commitments, works independently, accepts
accountability, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance
- Initiative - tackles problems and takes independent action,
seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates
new ideas, practices self-development and seeks learning
- Productivity - manages expected workload, takes on additional
responsibilities as needed, manages priorities and deadlines,
develops and follows work procedures and policies, manages time
effectively, handles information flow.
- Quality - attentive to detail and accuracy, shows commitment to
quality standards, makes continuous improvement, takes ownership in
resolving quality problems/issues, recognizes and communicates
quality problems/issues to management.
- Communication - speaks clearly and concisely in a positive, or
negative, situation. Listens and gets clarification. Responds well
to questions, ability to present numerical data effectively, and
ability to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - contributes to team projects, exchanges ideas and
opinions, helps prevent and resolve conflict, works with other
departments effectively, and develops positive working
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe.
- Knowledge of Cadence is a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills. Physical Requirements
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Keywords: Gulf Coast Bank & Trust, Scottsdale , Collections Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!