IT Manager, P&C Pricing and Financials
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented IT Manager - Senior
Level for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Tampa, FL, Phoenix, AZ,
or Colorado Springs facility. This person may also work remotely,
in a 100% remote work environment.
The candidate selected for this position would join the P&C IT
Data team, leading IT resources in support of P&C Pricing and
Financial capabilities. This team is in the process of modernizing
the Pricing and Financial applications that they support leveraging
technologies such as Snowflake, Python, SQL, Informatica and
Additionally, this individual will manage teams that are
responsible for delivering and/or managing one or more technical
support activities. Authorizes and influences the development and
delivery of technical solutions that enable optimal business
performance. Accountable for technical leadership in the plan,
design, development, testing, implementation, or maintenance of
technical solutions. Leads and directs change management, process
improvement, and technical support initiatives. Provides direction
and analytical support and directs business plan development to
execute initiativesJob RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it
means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of
U.S. military members and their families. This outstanding mission
requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.About
USAA ITOur most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's
human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand
behind our 12 million members who rely on us every day.We are over
5,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative
team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld
100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently
named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, testing, and
monitoring an internal control environment, including preventative
and detective controls, to effectively manage risks.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned technology
support area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development,
retention, coaching and support, performance management, and
- Provides leadership for those involved in the development,
design and optimization of technology support functions supporting
business and/or technical processes.
- Manages the identification, research, and analysis of business,
process, and technology opportunities.
- Informs and tracks metrics for technology support capabilities
and/or processes (KPIs, KRIs, etc.).
- Conducts or oversees technology efforts by applying technical
expertise; promoting adherence to all procedures and policies.
- Partner with key functions to align IT strategy and initiatives
in support of business strategy and goals.
- Operationalizes documentation standards and quality assurance
methodologies for technology support functions and ensure adherence
to standards by respective team.
- Manages and forecasts unit level expenses which may include
department allocations, Product/Component, 3rd Party,
project/program, software and vendor expenses.
- Manages and leverages the relationship with 3rd Party vendors
to ensure achievement of technology support objectives.
- May be responsible for vendor management activities including
service agreements, staff augmentation and technology
- Role models USAA 's mission, core values, culture and desired
behaviors - including a sound risk culture.Minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 6 years of experience in a technology function to include 2
years leadership experience, demonstrated in either a supervisor or
individual contributor role, of IT Professionals in a Software
Development/Engineering or Infrastructure environment.
- Hands on experience actively driving the technology life cycle
from requirements analysis, feasibility estimates, design, code,
configure, documentation, testing, implementation, and
- Experience building or leading multi-disciplined technology
teams using industry best practices
- Experience coaching and advising team members to help them
accomplish project goals, meet established schedules, and resolve
technical and operational issues.
- Ability to drive a culture of quality and personal
accountability through technology support teams.
- Relevant knowledge in technical domains that reside within
Infrastructure Services, Data or Application Development.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience in translating needs into
- Demonstrated experience explaining complex technology decisions
to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Understanding of relevant industry frameworks, i.e. COBIT,
ITIL, SaFE, etc. -
- Understanding of Legislative and Regulatory Compliance
- Experience driving large scale technology transformation and
- Experience hiring and building high performing data engineering
- Experience with cloud technologies and cloud migration
- 5 years of hands-on technical data engineering experience
- Prior P&C pricing and financials experience
- Strong communication skills; ability to influence and negotiate
with business partners/stakeholdersThe above description reflects
the details considered vital to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the
job.Compensation:USAA has an effective method for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this skill is: $106,800 -
$192,300* (this does not include geographic differential it may be
applied based on your work location)Employees may be eligible for
pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.Shift
premium: Will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable
roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to
support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals. Please click on the link below for
more details.Relocation assistance is Available for this
Keywords: USAA, Scottsdale , IT Manager, P&C Pricing and Financials, Accounting, Auditing , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!