Company: Healthcare Trust Of America Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE: HTA) is the largest
dedicated owner and operator of medical office buildings in the
United States, comprising approximately 25.1 million square feet of
GLA, with $7.4 billion invested primarily in medical office
buildings. HTA provides real estate infrastructure for the
integrated delivery of healthcare services in highly-desirable
locations. Investments are targeted to build critical mass in 20 to
25 leading gateway markets that generally have leading university
and medical institutions which translates to superior demographics,
high-quality graduates, intellectual talent and job growth. The
strategic markets HTA invests in support a strong, long-term demand
for quality medical office space.
The Expense Accountant is responsible for general ledger and
financial statement activities for a portfolio of medical office
buildings and/or general ledger accounts.Collaborates with others
across the organization to produce timely and accurate financial
information on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Assist in the month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing
cycles, ensuring recorded transactions are in accordance with
GAAP,internal policies and procedures are followed and communicate
exceptions to management.
- Utilize accounting close software to prepare journal entries
and balance sheet account reconciliations, including accruals, and
prepaid expenses for a portfolio or group of buildings.
- Compile and analyze financial information including the
preparation of supporting schedules and associated
complete/accurate work papers.
- Prepare and analyze monthly variance reports, comparing current
period to budget and/or prior periods to identify opportunities for
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets and quarterly
- Possess an understanding of year-end common area maintenance
(CAM) reconciliations and estimate billings related to commercial
- Understanding of and adherence to related SOX controls.
- Deliver quality support and communicate with our operations
Property Managers, Regional VPs and other related internal
- Complete ad hoc project work as assigned to contribute to
efforts to support company growth.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Possess understanding and familiarity of GAAP and SOX
- Intermediate to advanced level knowledge with MS Excel, Word
- Experience in MRI or other equivalent system preferred
- Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively in a
- Excellent deductive reasoning and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on accuracy
- Team player; willingness to help department meet goals and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Real estate experience preferredWe offer a competitive salary
and comprehensive benefits to include: Medical, Dental, Vision,
401K,Employer Paid: Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
Please visit our website at https://htareit.com/ to learn more
about our great company!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: Healthcare Trust Of America Inc., Scottsdale , Expense Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!