Bank Credit Risk Analyst Senior - Deposit
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Purpose of JobUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate
the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and
their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to
innovative thinking at every level.This is a Hybrid position
located in San Antonio TX ,Plano TX, Phoenix AZ, or Tampa FL. Using
a level of expertise, develops, proposes and delivers credit risk
strategies for consumer credit portfolios to optimize profitable
growth within risk appetite. Owns operational and compliance risk
inherent in credit strategy. Tracks and monitors credit strategy
performance as well as external factors impacting the credit risk
exposure for bank portfolio products within the risk taxonomy.Job
- Identifies and runs existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are optimally
identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Applies experienced programming and analytical techniques to
analyze credit data.
- Applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products, and
processes to find opportunities for improvement and tailor credit
strategies to the needs of the business.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root causes, and develops
clear and concise recommendations to drive credit risk strategies
to influence senior decision makers.
- Recognizes opportunities to improve credit risk strategies and
builds support for recommendations.
- Guides team members in the development and delivery of their
- Independently carries out existing and develops new portfolio
reporting to monitor credit strategy and escalates the quality and
direction of credit performance to appropriate levels of
- Assembles key participants and guides and facilitates teams in
the development and implementation of key initiatives.
- Conducts detailed analysis, applying sophisticated analytical
and financial modeling and statistical techniques to predict and
evaluate the credit risk within a loan portfolio according to
operational risk and compliance standards.
- Performs complex, multi-factor credit risk assessments and
recognizes appropriate credit risk strategies to be developed and
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics,
Engineering, or in a Mathematical subject area; OR 4 years of
related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience
required- total: 10 years) may be substituted in lieu of
- 6 years of experience in consumer credit risk analysis; OR if
Master's Degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics,
Engineering, or in a Mathematical subject area, 4 years of
experience consumer credit risk analysis.
- Strong understanding of banking regulations, risk, and/or
- Advanced eye for business and attention to detail and
- Advanced research, investigation skills and good judgement
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly
Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools including skills to
develop analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, or other
business intelligence and analysis software applications for data
segmentation, aggregation, and statistics (E.g. SPS or Visual
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, regulations, and applicable
guidance to include: FCRA, Reg B, UDAAP/UDAP, OCC Heightened
Standards, OCC CREDIT RISK GUIDANCE.Preferred Experience:
- Experience with SAS, Tableau, R, Python and/or other
- Experience with variable analysis and risk segmentation
- Experience working with transactional level data for Deposit
products or Credit products
- Experience in developing quantitative risk rules
- Experience in developing risk strategies for Deposit
Underwriting, Deposit Limits, Deposit Holds or Deposit Account
- Experience at large or complex bank/financial institutions
- Experience with communicating and presenting complex concepts
to executive leadershipCompensation:USAA has an effective process
for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we
remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on
your experience and market position. The salary range for this
position is: $88,200-$158,900*.Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or
at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.Please click on the link below for more details.USAA Total
RewardsRelocation assistance is NOT available for this
Keywords: USAA, Scottsdale , Bank Credit Risk Analyst Senior - Deposit, Accounting, Auditing , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!