Sr. Internal Auditor
Posted on: May 15, 2022
As an essential operation to the nation's healthcare
infrastructure and a science-based organization, Vitalant believes
that being vaccinated helps provide protection and care for our
employees, our donors, their families, and the broader community.
With this in mind, Vitalant requires employees to be fully
vaccinated as a condition of employment. Individuals applying for
this position should be prepared to comply with the COVID-19
vaccination mandates of Vitalant and accordingly, will need to be
vaccinated as of first date of employment unless an approved
exemption exists prior to start.
The Sr. Internal Auditor will perform risk-based financial and
operational internal audit work per generally accepted professional
audit standards and guidelines throughout Vitalant, as well as
advisory projects, including the coordination of such with others
or the supervision of such work performed by others.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs
and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention
- Assures quality customer service to all internal and external
customers, develops strong customer relationships, fosters
collaboration, and becomes a trusted business partner and
- Works closely with VP, Internal Audit & ERM to build a strong
risk-based audit/advisory function completing projects from start
- Plans and manages audit engagements, including the planning and
development of programs for audit testing and evaluation, staff
supervision and evaluation, quality assurance, and reporting of
audit results with participation in these activities under the
direction of the VP, Internal Audit & ERM.
- Define the detailed project scope by conducting preliminary
surveys and performing risk analyses to identify key risks. Prepare
detailed audit plans to address those key risks.
- Conduct financial and operational audits/advisory projects
independently from start to finish of moderate to complex
situations to evaluate and document whether control systems provide
reasonable assurance regarding the achievement of the following
objectives: effectiveness and efficiency of operations; reliability
of financial reporting; compliance with applicable laws,
regulations, and internal policies; and safeguarding assets from
waste, loss, and abuse.
- Conduct and complete audits by examining records, procedures,
operating practices, and applying best practice audit techniques to
drive department innovation. Complete work papers by documenting
discussions, observations, audit tests and findings.
- Develop meaningful and effective recommendations and identify
opportunities for improvement. Prepare formal written reports to be
distributed to members of the Audit committee, Vitalant executive
management, as well as to management over the areas reviewed.
- Schedules and perform follow-up audits as required to report on
the current status of action plans.
- Develop a thoughtful data analysis program to monitor key
Company transactions and identify areas needing review to support a
- Conduct special projects independently, with members of the
audit department, external auditors, or internal teams, as
- Identifies and research emerging risks and regulatory financial
reporting changes to assist and counsel Vitalant management on
planning and strategy execution.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting principles including (GAAP and GAAS),
Internal audit standards, COSO risk framework, required.
- CPA/CIA/CISA certification preferred.
- Five or more years experience in internal audit or CPA
financial statement attestation with a CPA firm, or combination of
- Demonstrated history of increased responsibility required.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Experience in cutting edge audit techniques, including data
science, predictive analytics and risk reviews preferred.
- Knowledge of federal government auditing Yellow Book
guidelines, background in information systems security and
application, Sarbanes Oxley preferred.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform
all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and build
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to reach
mutually agreeable outcomes Superior verbal and written
communication and interpersonal skills, to interface with all
levels of staff and leadership including the ability to write with
simplicity and clarity.
- Excellent presentation and training skills including the
ability to engage audiences with credibility.
- Must have analytical, statistical, personal organization, and
problem solving skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work well with all levels of
- Must be able to work independently, clearly identify
issues/discrepancies, bring them forward timely, and successfully
complete audits/projects from start to finish.
- Self-directed, innovative, and able to assess financial and
operational data applying quantitative and qualitative analytical
- Must have proficient computer skills.
EEO including disability and veterans
Keywords: Vitalant, Scottsdale , Sr. Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!