Senior Tax Accountant
Company: Southwest Accounting Resources, Inc
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Growing Wealth Management company in Scottsdale, Arizona is
looking to add a Senior Tax Accountant to their staff. This
position will work very closely with the Tax Manager and is a very
visible position! Overall responsibilities for Federal, State and
Local tax matters including the following: -
- Complete the preparation of all domestic partnership and C
corporation tax filings (federal, state, and local income tax
returns), including K-1s, associated supporting calculations,
workpapers, and memos outlining key issues and positions taken with
support for certain decisions.
- Coordinate with the finance, accounting, and other internal
departments to ensure the tax department receives all data to
complete tax adjustment calculations, and gain a thorough
understanding of the book accounting treatment of all tax sensitive
- Prepare federal, state and local estimate and extension forms
and calculations, as needed.
- Assist in preparing estimated K-1s to provide to investors for
year-end and tax extension planning.
- Resolve tax issues and draft responses to tax notices and
inquiries from federal and state agencies.
- Assist with timely 1099 preparation and delivery to necessary
parties. This includes working with the accounting department to
ensure that vendor information is correct.
- Review and interpret LLC and LP agreements to ensure correct
tax return treatment and preparation of tax target income
allocation schedules. Provide comments for revisions and changes to
future agreements as they are being drafted.
- Preparation of the domestic ASC 740 quarterly corporate tax
- Assist in various sales tax projects, including providing
support to our third-party vendors, updating in-house processes,
and researching topics.
- Assist in analyzing Qualified Opportunity Zone rules and
regulations and provide insight and recommendations to ensure
compliance for acquisition, construction, and operation of business
entities by Company's Qualified Opportunity Fund. Perform monthly
asset testing and ensure steps are taken to avoid all semi-annual
test related penalties.
- Complete the preparation of monthly investor distribution
- Assist in the preparation of bi-annual investor summaries
detailing their individual assets and current valuation.
- Assist with creating, managing, and maintaining interim and
- Identify and implement process improvements in preparation and
delivery of 1099s, tax returns, and K-1s. This includes helping to
automate processes where applicable.
- Research new and emerging tax topics and reform and/or issues
related to the Company tax returns.
- Assist in writing tax related articles and blogs to be used by
our Wealth Development Team to attract investors.
- Assist in other various tax projects as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required, Master's in Taxation
or equivalent a plus
- CPA designation, or plan to obtain CPA license preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience at a mid-size to large public
accounting firm and/or corporate tax department
- Strong partnership preparation skills required
- Knowledge or previous use of CCH Axcess Tax and ProSystem fx
- In-depth knowledge of ASC 740 & US GAAP preferred
- Real estate industry tax accounting experience preferred
- Previous experience with public companies preferred
- Previous experience with REIT taxation a plus
- Previous experience with Sage Intacct accounting software a
- High level of integrity, detail, self-motivation and hands-on
approach to problem solving required
- Demonstrates ability to adapt and execute on activities and
deliverables with minimal guidance
- Experience with effectively working in cross-functional
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills - For immediate consideration
email your resume in a Word.Doc to Thyra at
Keywords: Southwest Accounting Resources, Inc, Scottsdale , Senior Tax Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!