Valuation Senior Consultant
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Equity Methods seeks a results-focused, growth-oriented
valuation professional to support and drive client engagements
related to the valuation of equity compensation instruments,
complex securities, and related categories. Our Valuation Services
Group offers you the ability to apply core financial economics
principles in a way that directly impacts the financial reporting
accuracy and timeliness at large publicly traded firms. - As a
Senior Consultant, you'll apply your experience in economic or
valuation consulting, management consulting, litigation consulting,
or public accounting to the world of valuation for financial
reporting. You'll also lend support in our HR Advisory practice
where we are engaged to provide compensation analytics and other
forms of economic consulting. If you enjoy problem-solving, are
comfortable both excelling in client service and geeking out with
technical models, and have a collaborative, client-focused mindset,
we would like to meet you and discuss this exciting role. The Role
in a Nutshell
- Lead projects from inception to completion, which requires
competencies in financial modeling, data analysis, project
management, and client interaction. This involves mastering the
firm's standard option-pricing (and related) techniques that are
used to value equity compensation awards, complex securities (e.g.,
convertible debt, contingent consideration, etc.), and businesses
(e.g., 409A valuations).
- Review complex compensation and financing agreements to
determine the key terms for modeling and appropriate valuation
- Design, develop, and test Monte Carlo simulation and related
models to value equity compensation awards and other financial
instruments. Communicate results with clients and provide support
to external audit firms auditing the work.
- Serve as the primary contact for clients, which includes
managing timelines, maintaining frequent contact, explaining the
results, and ensuring white-glove non-transactional relationship
- Lead client delivery presentations and mentor associates and
consultants as they learn the ropes in explaining complex valuation
topics to senior audiences.
- Participate in limited client travel (
- Serve as an internal subject-matter expert by assisting in
internal reviews, staff training, and other responsibilities of a
senior professional in the practice. Foster a healthy and
respectful work environment by encouraging collaboration and
giving/receiving constructive feedback.
- Support in HR Advisory projects, including incentive design,
compensation modeling, statistical analyses of pay equity, and
proxy support. Some candidates will welcome large specializations
in this practice group. Our Culture and Method of Doing Business.
- Zealous about exceptional client service and delighting every
client, large or small.
- Lean and agile-we don't have manager layers that get to sit
back and just talk.
- Growth-oriented-both in welcoming new clients into the fold and
seeing professional development in our outstanding colleagues.
- Feedback-heavy-because that's how to unlock growth.
- Mentoring-rich-we're not a competitive, eat-what-you-kill
culture, and our consultants achieve professional growth via
hands-on client experience and feedback from leaders.
- All about impact-our professionals love the opportunity to make
an impact on clients, each other, and the long-run trajectory of
- Eager to solve clients' toughest problems-because that's where
the greatest impact is created even though these challenges are
riddled with ambiguity and complexity.
- Devoted to plain-language deliverables that clients find easy
to consume and yet rigorous-because clients value our ability to
make the complex simple for them.
- Not a 9-to-5 job-because all the above items just take time,
even for very smart and efficient people. Qualifications &
- 3 - 6 years of experience in a relevant valuation consulting
field. Note that we do not expect expertise in all the areas in
which our practices focuses, but do expect basic proficiency in
financial economics and the general tools through which valuation
for financial reporting is approached.
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to design robust,
insight-rich models. However, prior experience in compensation,
programming, or data analytics is not required.
- Bachelors or Masters in a business discipline that relates to
- Ability to quickly grasp complex accounting, finance, and
economics principles and apply them to real-world fact
- Exceptional time and stress management skills in light of
needing to manage a plate of complex projects with various
deadlines, many of which are in flux.
- Strong detail- and accuracy-orientation. Successful candidate
must demonstrate attention-to-detail with regard to
internal/external communication, developing deliverables, and
- Ability and willingness to think critically and solve
"out-of-the-box" problems independently.
- Demonstrated capacity to absorb complex responsibilities as
this role segues into a manager position.
- Background check required. More About Equity Methods Equity
Methods serves a diverse clientele from dozens of Fortune 500 firms
to early-stage pre-IPO firms. We have served 40 Fortune 100 firms
all the way to early-stage venture-backed organizations. Our
clients span the United States, in addition to some in Canada,
South America, and Europe. We offer a diverse array of services
that solve mission-critical priorities within corporate accounting
and human resources functions. At our size of -100 professionals
and thousands of clients, we combine the best of a large
professional services firm with the best of a smaller, more
entrepreneurial company. The culture encourages innovation,
collaboration, and excellence in continually enhancing the way
clients are served. We work hard in the quest to have high impact
and deliver exemplary service. We have consistently been rated a
-Top Company to Work for in Arizona . You have been redirected to a
Equity Methods job page
Keywords: Equitymethods, Scottsdale , Valuation Senior Consultant, Accounting, Auditing , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!