Senior Internal Auditor
Company: Blood Systems Group
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Description - Senior Internal Auditor (230114) Senior
Internal Auditor - 230114 Organization BSI Business Group Primary
Location United States of America-Arizona-Scottsdale Work Locations
0101 AZ Scottsdale CO Vitalant 6210 East Oak St. Scottsdale 85257
Employee Status Full-time, Regular Shift Day Job Travel Yes, 15 %
of the Time Job Posting Close Date Ongoing Job Function Finance
PRIMARY PURPOSE:The Sr. Internal Auditorwill perform risk-based
financial and operational internal audit work pergenerally accepted
professional audit standards and guidelines throughoutVitalant, as
well as advisory projects, including the coordination of suchwith
others or the supervision of such work performed by others.DUTIES
- Performs allassigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs
and externalregulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention
- Assures qualitycustomer service to all internal and external
customers, develops strongcustomer relationships, fosters
collaboration, and becomes a trustedbusiness partner and
- Works closely withVP, Internal Audit & ERM to build a strong
risk-based audit/advisoryfunction completing projects from start to
- Plans and managesaudit engagements, including the planning and
development of programs foraudit testing and evaluation, staff
supervision and evaluation, qualityassurance, and reporting of
audit results with participation in theseactivities under the
direction of the VP, Internal Audit & ERM.
- Define the detailedproject scope by conducting preliminary
surveys and performing riskanalyses to identify key risks. Prepare
detailed audit plans toaddress those key risks.
- Conduct financialand operational audits/advisory projects
independently from start tofinish of moderate to complex situations
to evaluate and document whethercontrol systems provide reasonable
assurance regarding the achievement ofthe following objectives:
effectiveness and efficiency ofoperations; reliability of financial
reporting; compliance withapplicable laws, regulations, and
internal policies; and safeguardingassets from waste, loss, and
- Conduct andcomplete audits by examining records, procedures,
operating practices,and applying best practice audit techniques to
drive departmentinnovation. Complete work papers by documenting
discussions,observations, audit tests and findings.
- Develop meaningfuland effective recommendations and identify
opportunities for improvement.Prepare formal written reports to be
distributed to members of the Auditcommittee, Vitalant executive
management, as well as to management overthe areas reviewed. -
- Schedules andperform follow-up audits as required to report on
the current status ofaction plans.
- Develop athoughtful data analysis program to monitor key
Company transactions andidentify areas needing review to support a
- Conduct specialprojects independently, with members of the
audit department, externalauditors, or internal teams, as
- Identifies andresearch emerging risks and regulatory financial
reporting changes toassist and counsel Vitalant management on
planning and strategyexecution.
- Performs all otherduties, at the discretion of management, as
assigned. REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge/Education
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting principles including (GAAP and GAAS),
Internal audit standards, COSO risk framework, required. Licenses/
- CPA/CIA/CISA certification preferred. Experience
- Five or more years experience in internal audit or CPA
financial statement attestation with a CPA firm, or combination of
- Demonstrated history of increased responsibility required.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Experience in cutting edge audit techniques, including data
science, predictive analytics and risk reviews preferred.
- Knowledge of federal government auditing Yellow Book
guidelines, background in information systems security and
application, Sarbanes Oxley preferred. Skills/Abilities
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform
all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and build
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to reach
mutually agreeable outcomes Superior verbal and written
communication and interpersonal skills, to interface with all
levels of staff and leadership including the ability to write with
simplicity and clarity.
- Excellent presentation and training skills including the
ability to engage audiences with credibility.
- Must have analytical, statistical, personal organization, and
problem solving skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work well with all levels of
- Must be able to work independently, clearly identify
issues/discrepancies, bring them forward timely, and successfully
complete audits/projects from start to finish.
- Self-directed, innovative, and able to assess financial and
operational data applying quantitative and qualitative analytical
- Must have proficient computer skills. Vitalant is committed to
fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace built on a foundation
of respect, integrity, teamwork, and excellence. Through our DEI
strategic plan, we create opportunities for employees of all
backgrounds to feel valued, seen and heard. We believe this mission
drives creativity and innovation, as employees experience an
environment conducive to personal growth and career development. -
- -Health, Dental and Vision Insurance -HSA, FSA and 401K
retirement savings plans -Paid Time Off -Employee assistance
program -COVID-19 POLICY -As an essential operation to the nation's
healthcare infrastructure and a science-based organization,
Vitalant believes that being vaccinated helps provide protection
and care for our employees, our donors, their families, and the
broader community. Vitalant requires employee's to be fully
vaccinated as a condition of employment. Individuals applying for
this position should be prepared to comply with Vitalant's Covid-19
vaccination policy unless an approved exemption exists prior to the
start of employment. Compliance with Vitalant's COVID-19 policy
will require individuals to complete one of the following: -Receive
the first shot of a two-dose vaccination series to start
employment, and the second shot of the series within 8 weeks of the
first -Receive the first and final shot of a single-dose
vaccination prior to the start of employment
-EEO/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans -Our organization is an
equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need
accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a
medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to
Careers@vitalant.org to let us know the nature of your request. For
more EEO information about applicant rights click here -Vitalant is
isan equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you
needaccommodation for any part of the employment process because of
amedical condition or disability, please send an email toto let us
know the nature of your email@example.com Please see
thebelow information about applicant rights and our commitment
tocompliance:All candidates whoreceive a conditional written offer
of employment will be requiredto undergo a pre-employment drug test
in accordance with theCompany's established guidelines.
Keywords: Blood Systems Group, Scottsdale , Senior Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!