Supervisor, Cash Applications - Scottsdale, AZ, United States
Company: Sonora Quest
Posted on: May 24, 2023
PFS Cash Applications
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Sonora Quest Laboratories/Laboratory Sciences of Arizona. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management or Sales Incentive Programs as part of your Total Rewards package.
This position will oversee cash applications and credit balances for all patient and insurance payments and be responsible for timely application and refunds while meeting the individual performance standards and the department goals. This position will guide the department to improve service levels through continuing education and by implementing innovative technology. Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
1. Hires, trains and conducts performance evaluations, and supervises the workflow for the designated staff. Provides leadership, coaching, recognition, staff development and corrective action for department staff. Establishes priorities, workloads, controls and work procedures, as well as determining resources needed.
2. Ensures all payments, denials and refunds are handled timely and accurately in accordance with departmental policies, procedures and performance goals.
3. Performs audits on production standards and service quality and counsels staff accordingly. Provides trend reporting for weekly/monthly aging, credit balance and collection issues. Utilizes Six Sigma concepts and drives tools and methodology usage in the department.
4. Provides instruction to staff and develops departmental best practices, as well as creates standard operating procedures for implementation. Conducts annual review of all departmental standard operating procedures for accuracy. Reviews processes on an ongoing basis to ensure processes align with changing industry standards, initiatives and new legislations that may impact our billing or posting process. Reviews payors to ensure ERA and EFT processing is being utilized for payors that allow.
5. Schedules and manages the use of labor and resources within budgetary guidelines.
6. Reconciles unapplied and misdirected cash receipts to ensure prompt resolution in accordance with departmental policies, procedures and generally accepted accounting principles and all applicable laws and regulations.
SUPERVIS ORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Supervises Cash Applications Representatives.
TYPE OF SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Hires, trains, conducts performance management, evaluations, and directs the workflow for the staff.
--- Ability to clearly and efficiently communicate complex issues using strong verbal and written aptitude.
--- Ability to provide constructive feedback and guidance to employees.
--- PC skills including email, internet, performing data entry into software programs, MS Excel, PowerPoint and Office suite.
--- Read, write and speak English fluently.
--- Basic math skills.
--- Leadership skills.
--- Project management and organizational skills.
--- Interpersonal, relationship and customer service skills.
--- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience.
--- Four (4) years' of related experience in medical billing and/or in a healthcare/clinical laboratory setting.
--- Four (4) year' of experience in a receivables application role.
--- Two (2) years' leadership experience.
--- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
--- Five (5) years' leadership experience.
--- Advanced working knowledge of Xifin, Lawson and Easy Print.
--- Comprehensive knowledge of ICD-10 coding, CPT coding, HCPCS coding, modifiers, and government and commercial payer guidelines.
--- Comprehensive knowledge of commonly used medical billing terminology, explanation of payment/benefits, electronic remittance advice and other common payment file formats.
--- Familiarity with CAQH.
--- Demonstrated familiarity with Six-Sigma concepts.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
Keywords: Sonora Quest, Scottsdale , Supervisor, Cash Applications - Scottsdale, AZ, United States, Accounting, Auditing , Scottsdale, Arizona
here to apply!