Company: Barrow Neurosurgical Associates
Posted on: May 16, 2022
BARROW BRAIN AND SPINE
HH Osborn / Scottsdale Office
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE PART OF OUR WORLD-CLASS TEAM?
At Barrow Brain and Spine, each team member is dedicated to the
highest levels of performance, integrity, collaboration and
commitment to patient care. These are not just words on a page,
this is our culture. If you are looking for an extraordinary work
environment dedicated to enhancing the lives of our patients and
team members, we look forward to hearing from you.
The Medical Secretary performs secretarial duties utilizing
specific knowledge of medical terminology, hospital/clinic, and
laboratory procedures. Duties include scheduling appointments,
clinical patient care, billing and compiling documents pertinent to
patent care electronically in the appropriate medical record.
Essential Job Accountabilities:
- Registers new patients in the electronic medical record prior
to scheduling the appointment that includes demographic and
- Ensures all initial consultations, pertinent notes, lab slips,
radiology and pathology reports are available to the physician
prior to patient arrival.
- Opens chart encounters in Centricity, provides historical
reference by maintaining patient records.
- Facilitates patient clinic by greeting and rooming
- Enters/updates medications, take vitals and record assessment
in the patient chart for physician review.
- Enters orders and E-Prescribe information and creates clinical
- Schedules follow-up appointments as required.
- Communicates with each physicians staff regarding surgery
scheduling, imaging needed, etc. for continuance of patient
- Performs clinic room inventories and restocks as
- Assists Medical Secretaries and Practice Coordinators with
orders as needed.
- Completes patient check-in process.
- Assists Recall list for physicians, creates diagnostic reviews,
completes orders as testing is received and follows-up on
- Represents physicians by screening incoming telephone calls;
recording and transmitting messages; scheduling, receiving, and
announcing scheduled patients and visitors; screening unscheduled
patients and visitors; arranging referrals to other health care
providers; scheduling appointments for consultations, x-rays, lab
tests, physical therapy, MRI's, CT scans, etc.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping
information confidential and following HIPAA guidelines.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock,
anticipating department needs, placing and expediting orders and
- Keeps office equipment operating by following operating
instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies,
performing preventive maintenance and coordinating
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
- Enhances physician office reputation by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities
to add value to job accomplishments.
- Provides coverage to other positions as requested.
- Supports BBS Compliance program by attendance in annual
training and following compliance guidelines.
- All other duties as assigned or requested.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Reports to work regularly and on time without undue
- Maintains positive attitude and demonstrates the utmost in
professionalism Dresses appropriately and professionally
- Completes work accurately and in a timely manner
- Excellent oral, written and telephone communication skills,
along with tact, diplomacy and strong customer service
- Prioritizes work activities and effectively performs multiple
job duties concurrently
- Maintains effective working relationships with physicians,
administration, BBS staff members, and hospital personnel.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Prior experience in a private practice or hospital setting
- Minimum of 1 year of administrative/medical experience .
- Normal office working environment
- Ability to travel to other BBS offices as necessary
- Overtime as required
Keywords: Barrow Neurosurgical Associates, Scottsdale , Medical Secretary-Scottsdale, Administration, Clerical , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!