Administrative Specialist Sr (Two positions available)
Company: Maricopa Community College District
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Administrative Specialist Sr (Two positions available)
Hiring Salary Range
$18.09 - $23.52/per hour DOE
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm; some evenings and weekends may be
Summer Hours: Monday - Thursday, 7am-6pm
Are you looking for a place to work where you can make a real
difference in the lives of over 200,000 college students every
Would you like to be part of an organization that adds $7.2 billion
dollars to the economy and supports nearly 100,000 jobs in the
fastest growing county in the United States?
Whether you're teaching, working, or learning Make It Happen At
Maricopa County Community Colleges!
What's Currently Happening at Maricopa
- Many of our campuses have received grant awards through the
National Science Foundation to improve undergraduate STEM
Education: Hispanic-Serving institutions program (HSI
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and employee groups
to create an environment of shared governance
- One of the largest community college systems in the
- 2020 Healthy Arizona Worksites Program recipient
- Named 19th Best Employer for Women by Forbes
- 2019 No. 42 in Arizona's Best Employers
Scottsdale Community College (SCC) is proud to be the only two-year
public higher education institution located on Native American
land. As one of the 10 Maricopa Community Colleges, SCC currently
serves more than 9,000 full and part-time students each semester
from its surrounding communities, including the cities of
Scottsdale, Fountain Hills, Phoenix, and the Salt River Pima -
Maricopa Indian Community.
We are seeking to attract academically and culturally diverse staff
and faculty who possess a strong commitment to teaching, learning,
and student success. We encourage all in our college community to
contribute to and shape the direction of SCC's social justice,
inclusivity, and equity strategies.
At SCC we are proud of our reputation as an innovative college that
is focused on student success. Come join us in our desire to
improve the quality of life in our communities by providing
challenging, supportive, and engaging learning experiences.
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is committed
to providing you with a competitive, comprehensive benefits program
that provides the care you and your family need to lead healthy and
productive lives. Our benefits are designed to provide support for
every life stage and lifestyle in our community.
Benefits & Perks Options
- Paid observed federal holidays & additional paid time off
throughout the year
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) & 12% Employee
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal time (if applicable)
- Multiple health and dental insurance coverage plans
- Virtual: Reach a doctor 24/7
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Maricopa Perks & Gears Discount Program
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- $4,000 Annual professional development growth funding (if
- Tuition reimbursement for employee and dependents (if
- Revised summer work schedule
- Maricopa Employee Health & Wellness Program
- Employee recognition opportunities
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Scottsdale Community College (SCC) is looking for two full-time,
Administrative Specialist Seniors for two different academic
departments. The positions will provide advanced administrative
office support, secretarial support, and/or program coordination
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, overseeing the
daily operations of the department along with serving our student
population. Main functions include supporting class schedule build,
purchasing, reception, fiscal management, maintaining department
records and files, creating complex documents and reports, serving
as a liaison with internal and external customers, creating and
overseeing marketing for the department.
The role requires interpersonal skills, listening skills,
flexibility, and the ability to problem-solve as a member of a
To best serve the students, department, and college, this position
requires a physical presence on campus, with the possibility of
partial remote work depending on business needs.
Please read the "How to Apply" section to avoid incomplete
35% - Communicates with and supports students, faculty, staff,
administration, vendors and members of the community regarding
policy/procedural events or program information; receives and
responds to inquiries and information requests, resolving issues or
referring requests to the appropriate resource. Provides strong
customer service of assigned systems or service area and provides
technical assistance and specialized administrative office
30% - Coordinates with the department chair and department team
members to prepares and maintain class schedules, coordinate
calendars, researches and makes travel arrangements; provide
administrative support to the department; related to meetings,
events, or office services; assists with research, gathers
information, and coordinates activities; provides administrative
support of projects, programs, or services. Creates documents,
reports, correspondence, and/or other communication materials and
oversees the maintenance of files, records, database information,
and documentation related to assigned area and according to
20% - Monitors and coordinates department services including but
not limited to: assists with budget preparation, monitors and
tracks budgets, funding, and expenditures, creates purchase orders
and requisitions, coordinates the inventory and replenishing of
office supplies and office equipment maintenance services.
10% - Researches, gathers, compiles, and reviews data and
information in support of assigned function, program, project, or
support area; designs and formats complex documents; and composes
original documents, correspondence and presentations
5% - Provides training and orientation to other staff and adheres
to applicable policies and procedures. Performs other duties as
- Associate's Degree from a regionally accredited institution and
two (2) years of administrative office support or related
experience providing a wide variety of secretarial, administrative
office support and/or administrative coordination activities.
- High School Diploma or GED and four (4) years of administrative
office support or related experience providing a wide variety of
secretarial, administrative office support and/or administrative
- One or more years working with scheduling systems.
- One or more years of experience purchasing and maintenance of
- Excellent written skills as evidenced by application
- Two (2) or more years' experience in multiple types of
technology including: MS Office (Word, Excel, and
- PowerPoint), Google Drive, Google Calendar, and video
- Two (2) or more years' experience working in an administrative
role in higher education
- Two (2) or more years' experience providing customer service
and maintaining confidentiality protocols.
- Two (2) or more years' experience working with departmental
- Experience coordinating logistical information, e.g.,
coordinating events and meetings involving many people, facilities,
Special Working Conditions
- Travel to campus during the interview/selection process will be
at the candidate's own expense.
- Will be required to travel or be assigned to all MCCCD
- May be required to work evenings and weekends.
- May require prolonged periods of sitting and viewing a computer
- May be required to lift or carry up to 25 lbs.
- This position requires a physical presence on campus with
possible partial remote work depending on business needs to best
serve the students, department and college.
How to Apply
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a cover letter that
details how the applicant meets the minimum and desired
qualifications. A cover letter may further highlight an applicant's
knowledge, skill and abilities. All minimum requirements must be
met at the time of the application.
Additional materials will not be accepted after the job posting has
Missing materials or incomplete employment history will not be
Please ensure your materials clearly provide the following
- Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and
education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this
- Indicate whether former or current employment is Full-Time
- Part-Time employment (must include number of hours
- Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07
to 10/11) including job title, job duties, for each position held
and name of employer for each position.
- Three professional references, preferably current and/or former
supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon
application, they will be requested at time of interview.
Posting Close Date
This posting has been updated to Open Until Filled
First review date January 8, 2023
Applications received after the first review may not be
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not
discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or
education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse),
age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: "No person in
the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from
participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to
discrimination under any education program or activity receiving
Federal financial assistance."
The policy of the MCCCD is to provide an educational, employment,
and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents
of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX
Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is
available at this link Title IX Coordinators.
The Clery Act is a Federal law requiring United States Colleges and
Universities to disclose information about crime on and around
their campuses. Crime reporting data for each of the Maricopa
Community Colleges, as required under the Clery Act, is available
at this link Clery Act
To apply, visit:
Keywords: Maricopa Community College District, Scottsdale , Administrative Specialist Sr (Two positions available), Administration, Clerical , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!