Manager of Marketing & Partnerships
Company: Southwest PGA
Posted on: November 23, 2022
*MANAGER OF MARKETING & PARTNERSHIPS*
*The Organization: *
Founded in 1958, the Southwest Section of the PGA of America is a
professional organization serving the men and women golf
professionals in Arizona and Southern Nevada, who are the
recognized experts in growing, teaching and managing the game of
golf. The Southwest PGA is responsible for the administration of
competitive golf tournaments, junior golf programs and events,
educational opportunities, support programs and growth of the game
initiatives. With 1306 members and apprentices, the Southwest PGA
is the fifth largest of the 41 regional entities or Sections that
comprise the PGA of America.
*The Position: *
Responsible for executing and supporting Southwest PGA marketing,
promotional and branding initiatives including helping grow and
retain annual and long-term sponsorship revenue The position will
also oversee all Southwest PGA partnership fulfillment and the
successful and timely implementation of contractual elements
pertaining to Southwest PGA partners. Additional responsibilities
include managing the execution of new and existing sponsorships,
tournament activations and special events. On-site tournament
support as well as programming and operational support of the
Southwest PGA's 40+ tournaments on an annual basis will also be
required including the four Southwest PGA major championships - the
Southwest PGA Spring Masters Championship, the Southwest PGA Match
Play Championship, the Arizona Open Championship and the Southwest
PGA Championship/PGA Professional Championship (PPC).
* Strategically develop and execute plans for all marketing &
* Manage all Southwest PGA sponsorship accounts on a day-to-day
* Initiate and maintain constant communication and excellent
business relations with all partners.
* Manage activation of all Southwest PGA sponsors for tournaments
and special events.
* Manage development of sponsorship proposals, collateral and
* Proactively create opportunities for new sponsorships and with
* Prospecting and lead generation for new Southwest PGA
* Creation & development of comprehensive proposals &
* Research related to partner development & relevant industry
* Create marketing and sponsorship posts across all Southwest PGA
social media accounts.
* Manage all social media postings, including copywriting, photo &
video editing and tracking.
* Point of contact for the Southwest PGA Foundation's "Birdies for
Good" annual fundraiser.
* Management of the Southwest PGA Foundation scholarship
* Assist tournament staff with on-site tournament responsibilities,
including, but not limited to, operational set-up, golf course
set-up and starter/scoring duties.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO including support of
all departments when needed.
*MANAGER OF MARKETING & PARTNERSHIPS*
* Bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited college or
* Strong moral character and integrity with leadership
* Superb problem-solving skills and the ability to make decisions
* Ability to handle multiple tasks with attention to detail and
* Demonstrated experience working in positions that require
successful customer service, organization, and strong communication
(verbal and written) skills.
* Prepared to work long hours during the Southwest PGA's tournament
* Strong interpersonal skills with an exceptional ability to
communicate effectively and present information to a variety of
* Ability to work in a collaborative manner with fellow
administrative staff members in a
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, online communication
technologies and social media
* Willing to travel extensively throughout Arizona and Southern
* Ability to work with a broad spectrum of groups including host
professionals, host superintendents, volunteers, amateur golfers,
coaches, and sponsors.
* Flexibility for work schedule including weekends and
* Highly motivated individual willing to assist others in the
ultimate success of the team.
*Compensation & Benefits: *
* Salary commensurate with experience.
* Medical, Dental & Vision provided at no cost.
* Vacation time, sick time and 401k retirement plan all
* Mileage reimbursement for tournament travel.
* Staff apparel.
* Travel throughout the Southwest PGA's service area is required.
Valid driver's license and clean driving record required.
*How to Apply*
Email resume with cover letter to:
Senior Director of Operations & Public Relations
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
* Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Scottsdale, AZ 85259: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Preferred)
* Bachelor's (Preferred)
* Marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
* Driver's License (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
* 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Southwest PGA, Scottsdale , Manager of Marketing & Partnerships, Advertising , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!