Alternative Sites Principal
Company: Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community
Posted on: June 22, 2022
IF YOU PREVIOUSLY APPLIED FOR THIS POSITION, YOU DO NOT NEED TO
RE-SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Definition:Under general supervision of the Superintendent, the
Alternative Sites Principal serves as the instructional leader of
the ALA-GED/DOC, responsible for implementing and managing the
policies, regulations, and procedures of the Education Board to
ensure that all students are supervised in a safe student-centered
learning environment that meets and exceeds the Arizona Common Core
Standards, following the approved curricula, goals, priorities and
directives of the Education Division.
Primary Job FunctionsPrimary functions may vary and are not limited
to the following tasks, knowledge, abilities, skills, and other
characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not
to be a comprehensive listing of tasks performed by this position
Examples of Tasks
Essential Components of the Job
* Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all
students and staff for academic performance and responsibility for
* Conducts staff meetings, to ensure participatory and
collaborative planning, development, problem-solving,
decision-making, and other school improvement activities to include
* student input into planning and decision-making;
* extra-curricular activity options and resources;
* educational trends and research discussions;
* effective practices reviews;
* staff performance expectations and needs;
* other staff participative activities
* Supervise the instructional programs of the school, evaluating
lesson plans and observing classes (teaching, as duties allow) on a
regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional
strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and
child growth and development.
* Establishes and implements processes for conducting informal and
formal classroom observations to assist teachers with developing
their ability to plan, implement, and facilitate learning
activities for students.
* Monitors the development and maintenance of student records that
include attendance, academic, and other achievement, transcripts,
ACT, other test scores, evaluation, enrollment, and other
appropriate and required student records.
* Ensures educational/learning program compliance with accrediting
agency standards, Arizona State Department of Education, and
Education Division requirements.
* Ensures the enforcement of student rights and responsibilities,
and expectations of students as defined in the student
* Establishes and implements strategies to ensure parent
involvement as true partners.
* Provides students with opportunities to be involved in
decision-making as appropriate.
* Functions as a resource in assisting with the identification and
acquisition of learning equipment, materials, supplies, programs,
and other resources needed to continually improve the learning
program of the school.
* Ensures that students have access to coordinated and balanced
* Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with the
Education Division Board Policies and Procedures, and certified
financial and certified accounting and reporting policies and
procedures of the SRPMIC Education Board
* Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of
ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
A willingness to learn and understand:
* History, culture, traditions, and customs of the Salt River
Pima-Maricopa Indian Community
* Contemporary educational methods and research
* Data collection and data analysis
* Developmental learning process and special education guidelines
* Strong computer skills with experience in creating forms and
* Organizational skills with strong experience in scheduling
* Written and oral communication at all levels; students, parents,
supervisor, and Education Board members
* Interpersonal skills at all levels
* Use of Microsoft Office Suite and education application
* Implementing successful PLC communities
* Aligning professional development to evaluation and observation
* Using data to differentiate instruction and create lesson plans
reflective of the data.
* Be a visionary who is committed to the school mission and vision
* Transform a low performing campus to one that meets minimum
Education and experience:Must hold Arizona Secondary Principal's
Certificate. Previous successful experience in serving as a
Principal or a turnaround principal preferred. Demonstrated
experience and competency required in areas of personnel
supervision, faculty management and evaluation; educational
assessment, planning, program resources; participative management;
communication skills; effective teaching and learning styles;
educational research; leadership development; cultural based
curriculum, school climate development; educational transformation
and restructuring; and other appropriate areas of competency. Three
(3) years of successful track record as a Principal in an
educational environment. Sensitive to the needs of all students,
especially those deemed "at risk" and/or children of special needs.
Experience working with Native American or bicultural student
population is preferred. Demonstrated experience working with under
performing schools preferred. Knowledge of contemporary educational
methods and research, as well as, processes and methods for
developing school systems.
Equivalency- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
that would allow the candidate to satisfactorily perform the duties
of this position, may be considered.
Underfill Eligibility: An enrolled Community Member whom closely
qualifies for the minimum qualifications for a position may be
considered for employment under SRPMIC Policy 2-19, Underfill.
Driving Requirement:Must possess a valid Arizona Driver's License
for the class of vehicle operated. Must be at least twenty-one (21)
years of age, unless the Community Manager has determined that the
position can be filled by an employees under the age of twenty-one
Must have at least one (1) year of experience in the class of
Candidates for Driving Positions will not be considered "insurable"
and thus are not eligible to operate a Community Vehicle if during
the last three (3) years they have been found in violation of any
serious driving offense including but not limited to:
* operating under the influence of alcohol or any controlled
substance (DUI) (DWI);
* suspension, denial, or revocation of a driver's license or
driving privileges (not including minor traffic or non-traffic
citations as determined by the Human Resource Department);
* three (3) or more instances of driving in excess of 15 mph per
hour over the posted speed limit
* any combination of four (4) or more moving violations;
* three (3) or more at-fault accidents;
* any one of the following major violations:
* failure to stop and report when involved in an accident;
* vehicular homicide, manslaughter, or assault with a motor
* operating a vehicle when license has been revoked or
* hit and run;
* reckless or aggressive driving;
* attempting to and/or evading a Police Officer;
* operating a vehicle during the commission of a felony; and/or
* any egregious violation of motor vehicle laws not listed that
would affect the employee's ability to drive and/or perform the
essential functions of his/her position.
Terms of Employment: This position is treated as a full-time exempt
position scheduled for 40 hours per week.
Must be able to pass a Pre-Employment Drug Test and extensive
Fingerprint and Background Check. Employee is Subject to Random
Drug Testing and completion of a Background Check every five (5)
Employment preference is given in the following order:
1) Qualified Community Member 2) Qualified Native American, and 3)
Other Qualified Applicant.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and
responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be
To apply for a position at Salt River Schools, applicants must
submit the Immunization Addendum, Criminal Report and Legal
Information addendum, Teaching/Administration Information addendum,
and proof of Arizona teaching certification with your online
application. Forms can be found at
SRPMIC is a mandatory covid vaccine employer. All employees are
required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
"SRPMIC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer"
In order to obtain consideration for Community member/Native
American preference,applicantmust submit a copy ofTribal Enrollment
card or CIB which indicates enrollment in a Federally Recognized
Native American Tribe by one of the following methods:
1) attach toapplication
2) fax (480) 362-5860
3) mail or hand deliver to Human Resources. Documentation must be
received by position closing date.
The IHS/BIAForm-4432 is not accepted.
Your Tribal ID/CIB must be submitted to HR-Recruitment-Two
Keywords: Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community, Scottsdale , Alternative Sites Principal, Education / Teaching , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!