English and History Teacher Mentor
Company: Fusion Academy
Posted on: January 27, 2023
English and History Teacher Mentor
About the Organization
Fusion Academy is a revolutionary alternative, accredited private
school for grades 6-12 that offers a fully individualized
classroom: one student, one teacher. As the nationwide leader in
one to one schooling, Fusion Academy has campuses throughout the
Every student at Fusion is unique - some students are accelerated
learners; some need flexible scheduling; and others have special
learning needs due to attention challenges, learning differences,
or social and emotional difficulties. No matter why students come
to Fusion, our model is simple - through compassion and acceptance,
Fusion students learn on their terms, on their schedule, and in
their learning style.
Our model is a unique academic program offering services year-round
on a rolling admissions basis. Our environment is highly personal
and socially inclusive. Equal emphasis is placed on students'
emotional well-being as it is on academic achievements. In addition
to full time enrollment, students at Fusion Academy may take a
class for credit or enroll in our tutoring/mentoring program.
The Fusion culture offers a special place to work, teach, and
learn. Fusionites are a special brand of educators--they are
creative, passionate, embrace change, and have fun! They
communicate honestly and with compassion to both students and
colleagues. People join the Fusion family for more than just a
paycheck; they seek to work with peers who share these values. And
because Fusion is growing rapidly, we offer considerable
opportunity for career advancement throughout the country.
Fusion Academy Scottsdale is looking for a compassionate, engaging,
and knowledgeable teacher to fill a part-time role within our
humanities department. This instructor would teach a combination of
English and History classes. At Fusion, each class is 1:1, meaning
that each teacher works with a single student per semester +
subject. This will give you the space to connect with your
students, and to truly personalize the content and the curriculum
to their learning styles. Teachers should be confident in their
knowledge, but also willing to utilize existing curriculum for the
sake of time management. Additionally, after completion of
training, new teachers will need to demonstrate competence in our
electronic systems of documentation.
Compensation for this position is $27 / hr
When you join Fusion, you will be:
- Welcomed by an inspiring group of teachers to an inclusive
- Onboarded by a committed group of trainers
- Supported by a campus team of enthusiastic education
- Bolstered by a national education team of pros
- Impressed by a vast library of trainings and modules
- Befriended by like-minded/ purposed professionals
- Propelled by engaging professional development
Your days will look like:
- Providing a student centered, supportive classroom that
promotes compassion and tolerance, emotional security,
resourcefulness, and independent critical thinking.
- Addressing the individual academic and emotional needs of each
student through Fusion's differentiated approach.
- Teaching middle and high school students one-to-one in the
areas of English Composition, Literature, Language Arts, World and
U.S. History, Government, and Economics at grade levels 6-12.
- Listening to students, peers, and managers to develop and
support meaningful learning journeys.
- Adapting differentiated instruction for all students and a
classroom forum for holistic growth.
- Fusing the academic and social and emotional objectives into
- Fostering trust with your students, peers, and campus
- Mentoring students to be lifelong learners and leaders.
- Developing and nurturing genuine, positive, and consistent
communication with parents.
- Contributing to and benefitting from the campus community.
- Practicing professionalism through ongoing professional
development, reflection, and continuous improvement.
- Maintaining complete and accurate records of student
- Creating a schedule that works best for you and your
- Bringing your best self and being the best you!
What you will bring to Fusion:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required for consideration,
as well as background with English and History.
- A collaborative and exploratory approach to learning.
- A passion for English and History and a drive to share it with
- A capacity to try innovative approaches to help students
- A heart filled with compassion, tolerance, and patience.
- A flexible schedule to accommodate student schedules.
- A disciplined approach to time management.
- An ability to appreciate the calm moments and manage the
stressful ones through self-regulation and by keeping a positive
- A propensity to reserve judgement and to react and respond with
curiosity and compassion.
- A willingness to be trained and prepared to teach and tutor
material at a high school level immediately.
Great to have but not required:
- A teaching certification.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Experience with students with learning differences and ADHD is
a plus as well as mentoring experience.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Benefits (Full-Time).
- 401 K Matching Contribution (All Employees Qualify).
- Paid Planning Time.
- Year-Long On-Boarding, Training, and Support.
- Leadership Opportunities.
- National Geographic Mobility.
- Advanced On-Going Professional Development.
- Wide Professional Resource Network.
- Gold Standard Learning Management System.
- Interactive, Fun Campus Community.
- Loads of Food and Goodies.
Type: Full-Time and/or Part-Time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin,
ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, disability, nationality, or sex.
- Please review the above requirements
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.
Keywords: Fusion Academy, Scottsdale , English and History Teacher Mentor, Education / Teaching , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!