Lab Engineer, R&D
Company: West Pharmaceutical Services
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Lab Engineer, R&D, Scottsdale
West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of
packaging components and delivery systems for injectable drugs and
healthcare products. Working by the side of its customers from
concept to patient, West creates products that promote the
efficiency, reliability and safety of the world's pharmaceutical
drug supply. West is headquartered in Exton, Pennsylvania, and
supports its customers from locations in North and South America,
Europe, Asia and Australia. West's 2018 sales of $1.7 billion
reflect the daily use of approximately 112 million of its
components and devices, which are designed to improve the delivery
of healthcare to patients around the world.
In this role, the Associate Lab Engineer will work under the
direction of the Lab Supervisor to assist with test equipment
qualifications, test fixture/jig design, test method development,
and test method validations. This individual will bring excellent
analytical, engineering, and organizational talent to the execution
of development projects at West. The essential duties and
responsibilities are as follows:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development of test methods, as well as the
planning and coordination of test method validations/Gage
- Assist the verification engineers with figure and jig design in
- Ensures lab equipment and environmental chambers are properly
installed and qualified (IQ/OQ).
- Works closely with the Lab Supervisor, Verification Engineers,
and Lab Technicians to plan and coordinate testing needs.
- Prepares test samples according to work instructions and
procedures for engineering and verification testing.
- Writes technical documents such as work instructions, test
plans, protocols, and reports.
- Performs data analysis, as needed, for technical reports.
- Recognizes inefficiencies and takes initiative to improve
processes and implement procedures to streamline workflows and
- Maintains a clean and tidy laboratory environment that is
audit-ready at all times.
- Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable
- Demonstrates a "Customer Service" attitude when interacting
with internal and external customers.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work
procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
- Required minimum education: Bachelor's degree in engineering or
- Required minimum experience: 0-3 years of experience
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent problem-solving skills as well as keen analytical
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Experience in laboratory testing of electromechanical devices,
specifically medical devices in accordance with FDA
- Knowledgeable in test method validations, specifically Gage
- Knowledge of Statistics and experience using Minitab a
- Proficient in SolidWorks a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office suite including PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 - Quality Management Systems for Medical
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Must be able to perform job duties as required with limited
- Non-US only where required for certain levels.
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status. If you have a disability or special need that requires
accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com.
Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West
Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate
companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of
background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.
Keywords: West Pharmaceutical Services, Scottsdale , Lab Engineer, R&D, Engineering , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!