Data Engineer Senior (Remote Option)
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Purpose of Job"We are currently seeking a talented Data Engineer
Senior for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ facility or
100% Remote Work Environment.
Data Engineers deliver quality reporting and data intelligence
solutions to the organization and assist client teams with drawing
insights to make informed, data driven decisions. Data Engineers
(DEs) are engaged in all phases of the data management lifecycle;
gather and analyze requirements, collect, process, store and
secure, use, share and communicate, archive, reuse and repurpose
data. Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and ensure these risks are effectively
identified and escalated to be measured, monitored and
controlled."Job RequirementsABOUT USAAUSAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For , and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran
workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.ABOUT
USAA ITOur most important qualification isn't technical, it's
human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand
behind our 13 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 4,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and
collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a top-two
Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and
were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT
by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Design and implement complex technical solutions.
- Design, build, manage and optimize data pipelines for data
structures encompassing data transformation, data models, schemas,
metadata, data quality, and workload management.
- Participate in daily standups and lead design reviews.
- Breakdown business features into technical stories and
- Analyze data and enable machine learning.
- Create proof of concepts and prototypes.
- Implement efficient defect management, root cause analysis, and
- Assist in setting technical direction for the team.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers.Minimum Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study, OR Certification
from an approved technical field of study, OR 4 additional years of
related experience beyond the minimum required.
- 6 years of data management experience implementing data
solutions demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a
- Deep Knowledge of a technology or product line*Qualifications
may warrant placement in a different job level*When you apply for
this position, you will be required to answer some initial
questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin
the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time
and you will not able to change your responses.Preferred Experience
- 6+ years of DataStage development experience.
- Experience leading teams in an agile environment
- Experience in a cloud environment working with snowflakeThe
above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of
the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible
business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation
assistance is not available for this position.For Internal
Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current position (from date
of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval
prior to posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the
opening is 10/18/20 by 11:59 pm CST time. Associated topics: data
center, data integration, data integrity, data manager, data
quality, data warehouse, database, database administrator, erp,
Keywords: USAA, Scottsdale , Data Engineer Senior (Remote Option), Engineering , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!