Company: Nesco Resource
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Nesco Engineering and IT is currently seeking a Design Engineer
for a DIRECT HIRE opportunity in Scottsdale, AZ . Design Engineer
II position requires knowledge of strain gage transducer
technologies, some familiarity with the different basic transducer
designs and materials selection, a basic knowledge of machining
capabilities and joining technologies. This position requires
excellent communication skills for interaction with sales,
engineering, manufacturing, and customers. The position will
develop force and torque measurement solutions to meet customer
needs. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED
- Responsible for all steps from concept thru prototype build of
Client solutions for customer force and torque measurement
- Key person in the research and development of new measurement
products, techniques, and applications.
- Participant in company planning and strategy sessions for new
product and technology development.
- Proposes new force and torque measurement methodologies or
products to fill both developed and undeveloped markets.
- Key resources for the evaluation of new opportunities.
Evaluates both financial and technical feasibility. Determines cost
and non-recurring engineering charges for new products.
- Technical resource for manufacturing processes (welding,
assembly, calibration) as well as part failure analysis.
- Suggests new and improved manufacturing materials and
- Resource for the design of new calibration equipment.
- Gives technical guidance to other engineers in product design,
materials selection, component stress analysis (FEA), electronic
concepts associated with load cell and torque transducer
compensation, and signal conditioning.
- Develops qualification plans and directs qualification testing
of new products and processes.
- Designs new strain gages and improves upon existing strain gage
- Supports production, repair, machining, and quality departments
as a technical resource for various processes (welding, assembly,
calibration) as well as part root cause failure analysis and the
development of corrective actions.
- Provides technical guidance to other engineers in product
design, materials selection, bills of materials (BOMs), component
stress analysis (FEA), electronic concepts associated with load
cell and torque transducer compensation and signal
- Supports Sales with technical information and concept
- Aides in the development of qualification plans and
qualification testing of new products and processes. Analyzes data
and reports on findings. SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Software: Excel, Word, CAD, FEA, and ERP software.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Able to tactfully and effectively communicate with key
customers and those in the midst of resolving conflicts and product
- Carries on non-routine communications using tact and persuasion
- Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective
working relationships with customers, vendors, and across
- In-depth understanding of engineering mechanics, materials,
strain gages, and associated electronics. For immediate
consideration please email resume to Lily Robles at or call
520-505-4667 Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and
Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected
characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Keywords: Nesco Resource, Scottsdale , Design Engineer, Engineering , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!