Cyber Security Engineer
Posted on: November 22, 2021
PRIMARY PURPOSE:Under minimal supervision, the Cyber Security
Engineer will participate in evaluating, developing, and
implementing cyber security tools, standards, procedures, and
guidelines for multiple platforms in diverse systems
environments.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs
and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence
- Responsible for supporting cyber security functions across the
- Works with Senior Information Security staff to define security
best practices and provides guidance to Enterprise Application and
Infrastructure teams for continuous process improvements.
- Researches and evaluates proposed application solutions for
adherence to documented company standards, policies and regulatory
- Recommends application security requirements by evaluating
business strategies and requirements, research information security
standards, conduct system security and vulnerability analyses and
risk assessments and identify integration issues.
- Provides advanced support on all aspects of Cyber Security
including but not limited to Hardware, Software, Intrusion
Detection/Prevention, Firewalls/Routers/Switches, Active Directory,
Auditing, Logging and Monitoring.
- Responsible for daily review and updating of the Security
Operations Monitoring system including but not limited to Intrusion
Detection and Prevention system, Vulnerability Scanning, Network
Security Incident/Event Monitoring (SIEM) system, Email Security
- Works with Infrastructure Operations team to reduce risks to
information assets by recommending/implementing controls e.g.
encryption, network segmentation, access controls, patch and
- Participates in incident response and investigations of
suspected cyber security events, misuse or compliance reviews.
- Performs assessments to ensure use of established security
policies, practices and expectations across all platforms,
operating systems and applications.
- Analyzes current attack trends, technologies, and methodologies
and design and implement technical and process oriented
- Assess emerging technologies against security architecture to
determine where they fill gaps, overlap with existing solutions or
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
experience required.Licenses/ Certifications
- Security certification (e.g. GIAC, CISSP) from nationally
recognized organization preferred.Experience
- Eight years of progressive experience in Information Technology
related roles required. To include:
- Four years of experience in Cyber Security, including firewall,
intrusion detection/prevention systems, anti-malware products,
forensics tools, data encryption, Data Loss Protection, VPNs,
vulnerability scanners, multiple operating systems (Windows, UNIX,
Linux, etc.), and directory services (Active Directory,
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform
all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated understanding of software systems and development
concepts including: access, authorization, configuration, design,
test & maintenance.
- Strong business analysis skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
as an individual contributor.
- Resourceful, creative, innovative, results driven and
- Blood Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity
is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need
accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a
medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to
email@example.com or call 1-844-220-2612 to let us
know the nature of your request. A representative will respond to
accommodation requests within two business days. Please note that
this email/phone number is for medical/disability accommodations
only and any other inquiries will not receive a response.Please see
the below information about applicant rights and our commitment to
compliance:EEO is the LawEEO is the Law SupplementPay
Transparencye-VerifyAll candidates who receive a conditional
written offer of employment will be required to undergo a
pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Company's
established guidelines.by Jobble
Keywords: Bloodsystems, Scottsdale , Cyber Security Engineer, Engineering , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!