Principal Performance Test Engineer
Company: Discount Tire Corporate Careers
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people
with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been
growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our
history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we
are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our
growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our
retail and corporate operations. Even more exciting is that
Discount Tire IT is moving towards a cloud first strategy embracing
cloud technologies like AWS, Mulesoft and Salesforce to ensure
faster time to market. The Principal Performance Test Engineer
designs and architects performance test environments. Ensures test
plans, test requirements and test cases Performance, Stress and
Endurance testing of application and system related requirements
are created. Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics
including, but not limited to, defects, defect counts, test results
and test status. Ensures performance testing strategies for
projects / programs are designed. Essential Duties and
- Develops and executes automated performance tests, analyzes and
- Provides expert insight into performance strategies and
- Ensures the creation and execution of Performance Testing;
publishes Test results and data, including but not limited to,
monitoring data, Application & Server logs; audits the results of
junior members; ensure sign-off of the test strategy; provides
performance tuning guidance to stakeholders.
- Analyzes performance test execution reports; identifies
performance bottle necks; recommends tuning opportunities to
- Directs test strategy and scope; audits overall compliance;
interfaces with stakeholders to ensure test strategy
- Ensures performance coverage meets requirements; audits test
- Negotiates and determines scope and timelines for intake of new
- Ensures test environments are proactively investigated and
technical issues are resolved.
- Ensures status reports are created and meet standards /
requirements; reviews status reports and identifies Continuous
Strategic Improvement opportunities.
- Ensures test validity is evaluated; proactively identifies
potential performance challenges.
- Ensures impact analysis is created and assessed; evaluates risk
of application design in collaboration with architecture.
- Ensures Performance Test readiness; works with environment
coordinator and management to handle provisioning and budget.
- Technical application administrator for performance testing
tools; identifies gaps in functionality and budget for tool
replacement and extension.
- Ensures application infrastructure tuning is researched and
analyzed for optimal performance; works with stakeholders to
identify coding improvements and best practices.
- Captures production traffic at regular intervals; updates test
scenarios to ensure viability and accuracy; utilizes modeled
traffic data to make inferences for future product performance
- Ensures environments are designed appropriately to generate
load against the application under test.
- Ensures SLAs and critical transactions for applications and
systems are identified.
- Performs quality audits across various IT application; ensures
quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being
- Mentors and trains junior team members.
- Stays current with the latest industry technologies, trends and
issues in area of specialty.
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering
questions related to performance testing processes, procedures and
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications:
- This position requires a minimum of 8 years performance testing
/ QA / development experience.
- Understanding of SDLC and STLC required.
- Advanced knowledge of web protocols including but not limited
to, HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, and DNS required.
- Advanced knowledge of networking and web technologies such as
- Advanced knowledge of web page composition, including but not
limited to, static vs, dynamic elements and browser behavior
- Proven experience with LoadRunner / Performance Center /
Stormrunner is necessary.
- Advanced user skill with limited administrative background is
- Experience with opensource performance tools preferred, such as
jMeter and Selenium required.
- Programming experience with multiple scripting and interpreted
languages, including but not limited to, Javas Script, Java, C,
- Proven experience with databases such as, MSSQL, mySQL and DB2
- Proven experience with software review requirements documents,
risk analysis and specification documents is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the
organization is necessary; must be able to clearly articulate
technical ideas to a non-technical audience both verbally and in
- Proven knowledge of server operating systems, server
topologies, server hardware and security is required.
- Knowledge of network components and function is needed
- Proven knowledge of evaluating performance of mobile apps and
- Must possess strong organization skills, including the ability
to multi-task and manage multiple projects to meet various
deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team is
- Experience collaborating with offshore performance teams
- Proficiency with Microsoft office, including skills with Word
and Excel are necessary.
- Proven ability to identify complex problems, review information
to develop and evaluate options then implement solutions is
- Customer service skills including the ability to manage and
respond to different customer situations while maintaining a
positive and friendly attitude is essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and
upholding Company values is keyEducational Requirements:
- The above-mentioned duties require at least a bachelor's degree
(or the equivalent) in Information Technology and Management, a
field closely and directly related to the nature of the work.
- Industry related performance, development and monitoring
certifications preferred.Work Days: Normal work days are Monday
through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Work Hours: Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional
hours may be necessary.
Keywords: Discount Tire Corporate Careers, Scottsdale , Principal Performance Test Engineer, Engineering , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!