STAFF ENGINEER - Embedded Antenna Design Hybrid/Remote
Company: Airgain Inc.
Posted on: January 23, 2023
This position is responsible for designing antenna systems.
Essential Job Functions
- Design new and improved antenna systems that integrate into
- Address integration issues before they arise, in collaboration
with Field Application Engineers, Customers, and Engineering.
- Work within a channel between customer designs and Airgain
- Incorporate new technology developments and build a portfolio of
previous designs to be used for complex integration.
- Reduce time-to-market by developing solutions that enable Airgain
to stay ahead of its competitors.
- Represent Airgain interests by collaborating with the area
- *Other duties as required
- Education level: Bachelor's degree: Electrical Engineering, or
Physics. MS degree in Engineering or Physics preferred
- Experience level: 3-6 years of experience in embedded antenna
- Solid knowledge on EM, antennas, transmission line theory,
matching circuits, active and passive RF circuit design, and PCB
- Experience with EM simulation tools such as CST or HFSS
- Familiarity with EM propagation in multipath environments,
channel models and MIMO
- Experience with device integration and resolving complex
integration issues in embedded systems.
- Hands-on approach in performing measurements of S-parameters,
antenna radiation patterns and other RF parameters.
- Aptitude for building prototypes of PCBs, antennas and other
components using tools such as milling machines, 3D printers and
- Data post-processing using Python or Matlab and creating test
reports will also be part of the daily tasks
- Experience working with modules, metamaterials and mm wave design
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally, as
needed. Must have the ability to obtain and hold a valid
- Ability to deliver projects on-time.
- Ability to be self-motivated and reliable.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands
- Must be able to work in a seated or standing position, for
periods up to 8.0 hours per day and potentially exceeding 8.0 hours
per day where required.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit while traveling domestically and
international via automobile, bus, train, airplane, or boat.
- Extensive use of a mouse and keyboard.
- Extended viewing of a computer screen.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, walking, twisting, and standing.
- Lift 20 pounds with or without assistance.
Keywords: Airgain Inc., Scottsdale , STAFF ENGINEER - Embedded Antenna Design Hybrid/Remote, Engineering , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!