Internal Audit Manager
Company: Meritage Homes
Posted on: March 27, 2020
Meritage Homes is looking for an Internal Audit Manager to plan and
perform risk-based financial and operational audits of our
divisions and departments, assisting with information technology
(IT) audits, and ongoing Sarbanes-Oxley efforts.
The Internal Audit Manager will:
- Assist in identifying and evaluating the company's risk areas
(IT and non- IT related) and provide input in the development of
the annual audit plan.
- Identify exposure and analysis of risks within assigned audit
areas, and prepar relevant, comprehensive audit plans and programs
to perform audits of the company's various divisions and
- Perform audits and reviews (i.e., IT related, financial and
operational) ensuring that objectives are met. Evaluate results of
audits and reviews, identifying control strengths and weaknesses.
Participate in the communication of audit results and special
projects via written reports and oral presentations to
- Perform follow-up reviews at appropriate intervals.
- Assist the company with its Sarbanes- Oxley efforts (IT and
non- IT related). Such assistance could include: a) monitoring,
reviewing and/ or updating process documentation, b) performing
walkthroughs and testing, and c) performing appropriate remediation
- Coordinate internal audit efforts with external auditors.
- Perform special projects as assigned by internal audit
- Develop and maintain productive company relationships.
- Travel is required to multiple locations; may range 25%
See what our CFO has to say about Meritage Homes!
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance, IT or business
related field , prefer CPA, CISA or CIA Certification.
- A minimum of 5- 8 years in internal auditing, public
accounting, finance/ accounting or IT related position.
- Knowledge and experience in auditing internal controls in
accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of auditing standards (including IIA
Standards), generally accepted accounting principles and internal
control systems (IT and non-IT related).
- Computer skills with expertise in Microsoft Windows Office
Suite, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- General knowledge and understanding of information technology
concepts and controls.
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) with
people at all levels in an organization.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and analytical
- Sound judgment skills; ability to distinguish between
significant, moderate and low risk matters when evaluating audit
results and making recommendations.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
in a fast-paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment.
Are you looking for an amazing career opportunity? Well, look no
further! At Meritage Homes, we offer a variety of different careers
and are dedicated to building beautiful, environmentally friendly
homes, that give our customers the most memorable moments with
their loved ones. Meritage Homes is a national top 10 homebuilder
and a 2018 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in Sustained Excellence
for being a leader in protecting the environment and advancing
energy efficiency in homebuilding. If you have a self-starter
mindset and want to be a part of something great, come join a
company that helps people live happier, healthier lives.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in
several ways, including:
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative
ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Maintaining a consistent competitive drive to be the best
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Having pride in delivering a quality product that benefits
people and the environment
- The opportunity to further your career in a growing national
- Team atmosphere where every individual is considered a vital
part of the team
Keywords: Meritage Homes, Scottsdale , Internal Audit Manager, Executive , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!