Program Director, I&T
Company: West Pharmaceutical Services
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Program Director, I&T
West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of
packaging components and delivery systems for injectable drugs and
healthcare products. Working by the side of its customers from
concept to patient, West creates products that promote the
efficiency, reliability and safety of the world's pharmaceutical
drug supply. West is headquartered in Exton, Pennsylvania, and
supports its customers from locations in North and South America,
Europe, Asia and Australia. West's 2018 sales of $1.7 billion
reflect the daily use of approximately 112 million of its
components and devices, which are designed to improve the delivery
of healthcare to patients around the world.
POSITION SUMMARY: Manage multiple research & development &/or
new product development projects simultaneously within Electronic
Wearable Injectors programs. Champion program technology both
internally & externally. Formulate, plan & execute completion of
projects to targeted timelines in a manner compliant to applicable
governance policies & procedures. Participate in the strategic
development of the electronic wearable bolus injector platform
internally & externally. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with internal & external team resources in a matrix
management structure to:
- Identify requirements for new product / product line extension
projects &/or product optimization development
- Drive completion of project milestones based on timelines &
project goals through all stages of the product development
- Enable & accelerate product platform strategies
- Actively support Electronic Wearable Injectors program
initiatives with direct customer interactions
- Ensure technical & customer requirements for programs are
- Ensure that all required documentation deliverables are
satisfied & delivered.
- Ensure that the West project management process & methods are
implemented on all projects
- Maintain clear communication paths with stakeholders
- Develop & maintain required quality records & project
management documents associated with assigned projects.
- Conduct routine program management reviews with Project Teams &
- Coordinate resource allocation & constraints with functional
manager, program managers & supervisor
- Collaborate with supervisor/stakeholders to establish project
priorities & meet timelines
- Interface with customers & external support services, e.g.
suppliers & contract vendors, to facilitate the development &
execution of assigned projects.
- Facilitate the identification & refinement of potential new
business / development opportunities for West, & especially for the
electronic wearable bolus injector programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned based on business
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work
procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
- Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable
- Education: Bachelors in Engineering, Materials, Chemistry or
equivalent technical degree. MBA/Masters degree preferred
- Experience: 10+ years of experience
- Project Management experience &/or 5+ years Medical
Materials, Medical Device &/or Drug Delivery Systems product
- Working knowledge of applicable federal &
internationalregulations such as 21CFR Parts 210, 211, & 820.
- cGMP manufacturing experience preferred.
- PMP certification preferred but not required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite software, project
management software such as Microsoft Project Server.
- Working knowledge of 3D design applications preferred.
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to travel to domestic & international customers as
well as West manufacturing locations as project requirements &
business needs require.
The job description reflects the general details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified
and shall not necessarily be construed as a detailed description of
all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
West Pharmaceutical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status. If you have a disability or special need that requires
accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com.
Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West
Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate
companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of
background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.
Keywords: West Pharmaceutical Services, Scottsdale , Program Director, I&T, Executive , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!