Manager, Software Engineering
Posted on: May 21, 2020
At Nextiva, we don't study industry trends and build our
products and services reactively; instead, we look to be the leader
in defining the trends, during these unprecedented times.
We strive to be the best of the best across multiple technology
channels UCaaS and SaaS to name a few. We are determined to help
write the future for businesses around the globe by creating
innovative products and an agnostic platform that delivers
first-class communications tools in the hands of every business. We
are a global team of the fastest-growing, privately held provider
of cloud communications.
We are seeking forward-thinking and hardworking individuals for a
Manager, Software Engineering to lead our rapidly growing Customer
Engagement development team.
What You'll Do:
Be responsible for leading a growing team of software engineers to
develop our customer engagement platform, crafting new software
systems from the ground up and supporting existing products and
services. Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead a full stack software engineering team.
- Own the end to end software delivery and timeline, including
design, programming, testing and implementation to meet business
and technical requirements.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and senior level
engineering leaders to define the team's vision, strategy, and
- Establish lean engineering processes that use focus and rapid
iteration to build the right product for the right
- Mentor, grow, and empower your team to realize professional and
- Be a strong collaborator with your fellow engineering managers
and leaders, shepherding our tribe-level engineering
Who You Are:
- Experienced You are an experienced engineering leader with
hands on experience writing code with object-oriented languages
React, Webpack) and Redis, RabbitMQ, and Postgres are a strong
- Technical You're fluent in commonly used design patterns and
can constructively review the work of others to ensure high
quality. You're familiar with Software-as-a-Service and
- Passionate You are customer-focused and have passion for
building software that resonates with users on large web scale
infrastructure that "just works".
- Relentlessly High Standards You understand what it takes to
write software that is used by thousands or millions of people. You
love creating things that are robust, scalable, and perform well.
You possess a growth mentality and continue to learn new
technologies and techniques.
- Leader You have the drive and ability to get things done in an
innovative and fast paced environment. You lead in order to help
team members to reach their full potential.
- Team Player You enjoy collaborating, learning from and teaching
others, so we can all become better engineers. You assume positive
intent in others, and actively do your part to make a positive work
- Recruiter Nextiva focuses on hiring creators, and in this role
you will be asked to always be on the lookout for the best talent
to bring onboard to help us continue to be forward-thinking and be
one of the best companies in the world!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics,
related technical field, or equivalent practical
- 5+ years of software development experience, building scalable
and high availability enterprise software.
- 2+ years of people management experience in multi-disciplinary
software engineering teams, including building and retaining robust
- Ability to travel up to 10%, including international
RabbitMQ, Kafka, Postgres, Docker/Kubernetes, Python, AsyncIO,
ElasticSearch, RESTful APIs, and microservices.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience advising the software development
function, including process, design, development, delivery and
maintenance of software systems and applications.
- Reputation of success in delivering enterprise software on time
and with high quality.
- Ability to manage ambiguity in complex, constantly evolving
- Ability to communicate conceptual ideas, engineering rationale
and technical challenges to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to achieve strategic goals and evolve product strategy
based on research, data and industry trends. Excellent
problem-solving, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- This position will be required to pass a background check upon
So, why Nextiva?
Our people do amazing things to help businesses solve their
toughest challenges. Really, they do. We simplify the way
businesses communicate, creating innovative and affordable
solutions for businesses of all sizes. We acquired our first
customer in 2008 and today thousands use our tools and platform.
Talented team members around the globe embrace Amazing Service this
culture of Amazing Service extends to how we treat both our
customers and one another. We are passionate about Nextiva's unique
culture and are looking for like-minded individuals that share our
values and vision.
Nextiva is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity
and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Nextiva, Scottsdale , Manager, Software Engineering, Executive , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!