Senior Business Systems Analyst - Release Management
Company: Discount Tire
Posted on: September 9, 2020
Job DescriptionHere at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of
our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business
has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in
our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year
and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in
our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our
retail and corporate operations.
Under minimal supervision, the Senior Business Systems Analyst
assists in analyzing software requirements, procedures and problems
to automate new or enhance existing software
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business partners to understand software needs
and define requirements; translate requirements into technical
solutions; provide recommendations and contingency plans; Manages
all phases involved with the release
- Managing the eCOM Release Calendar & Weekly Release
- Document business requirements and capabilities into Business
and Technical Design Documents, use cases and stories.
- Lead planning workshops/ design sessions to envision and assess
business needs, features and desired capabilities.
- Capture, document and design business, application and data
- Collaborate with Release/Change Management, Quality Assurance
(QA)/Test Automation, developers/ engineers and Architects to align
solutions, identify dependencies, ensure functional results, and
understand impacts of branches and code merges.
- Conduct feasibility and impact analysis; identify
cross-project, application or business unit dependencies; provide
solutions to mitigate risk; develop contingency plans for potential
impacts. Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release
scope, schedule and quality.
- Mentor Business Systems Analyst I and II. Stay current on the
latest industry technologies, trends and strategies.
- Assist employees, vendors or other customers by answering
questions related to IT Business Systems Analysis processes,
procedures and services.
- Designs and recommends the release deployment plan based on
input from multiple stakeholders across multiple teams.
- Identifies potential roadblocks for the release and proactively
- Assists in the development of governance and structuring source
code repositories. Setup, checkout, builds.
- Manage and improve the product build and release processes
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the
execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of five years of business
analysis experience, including an advanced understanding of the
software development life cycle, requirement modeling and process
mapping techniques, operating systems (OS400/i5OS, Windows, Linux),
databases (DB2, SQL Server), non-relational file structures, system
design, analysis, and development methodologies, and quality
assurance testing methodologies.
- Experience preparing and/or executing business and technical
requirements, specifications, user manuals, test plans, test
scripts and test cases is also necessary.
- A minimum typing speed of 35 wpm is required.
- Advanced level computer experience, including skills in
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio, is
- This position requires excellent communication, organizational,
customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team is vital.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and accurately under
pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is
- Proven ability to respond to different organizational
situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and
upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem-solving skills, a
can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays
and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may
Not ready to
Keywords: Discount Tire, Scottsdale , Senior Business Systems Analyst - Release Management, Executive , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!