Director/Senior Director of Data & Technology
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Director/Senior Director of Data & Technology Hello from
Tallwave. We're a customer experience design company partnering
with change agents at the world's most ambitious companies to
create the experiences of the future. This includes developing new
products, services, and business models that deliver amazing value
and sustainable growth for their customers and employees. The
Director, Data & Technology is responsible for overseeing
Tallwave's data and technology consulting service line. The
Director works with Executive Management to grow the company
through professional services such as technology innovation,
application development, web and mobile development, and data &
analytics offerings. Using a consultative and growth-minded
approach, the Director will direct our data and technology subject
matter experts to deliver innovative impact to clients, foster
long-term partnerships, and attainment of Tallwave's strategic
objective of becoming a trusted, national customer experience
design company. In this role, you will:
- Establish the company's data & technology services vision in
collaboration with our head of strategy, as well as lead all data
and technology service delivery to Tallwave clients.
- Manage data and technology personnel, financial performance,
and growth in collaboration with other departments such as the
Client & Consultative Services team, PMO, Marketing, and Design
- Provide leadership and contribution to other department heads
in a fashion that supports the company's culture, mission, and
- Conduct research, tests, and case studies on leading edge
technologies and make recommendations for service implementation or
- Act as a great steward of Tallwave's resources and ensure
control of technology service budgets. The ideal candidate will:
- Actively communicate, inspire, and motivate all levels of
- Think and act strategically and proactively.
- Demonstrate strong writing and presentation skills.--
- Adeptly lead the data and technology team members to support
the company's continued rapid growth with the ongoing development,
sales, and delivery of world-class technology professional
- Collaborate across the organization to design and develop new
data and technology solutions to business problems and bring these
solutions to existing and prospective clients.
- Appreciate and value user-centered, beautifully designed
- Bring familiarity with the latest technologies and trends,
focusing on responsive design, great customer experience, business
intelligence, and robustness/scalability.
- Thrive working in a fast-paced team environment. A successful
- A minimum of 10 years experience in the data & technology
space, preferably in a consulting or professional services
- Proven technology leadership - at least 8 years of experience
directly leading teams of software engineers, data analysts and
engineers, outsource partners and their respective contracts, a
P&L, and the development/innovation process.
- Experience with integrating and collaborating with product,
design, marketing, and creative teams.
- Experience growing business including solutions engineering,
scoping, proposing work, and pitching work.
- Extensive experience with and commitment to the power of data,
human-centered design, agile software development methodologies,
and technology best practices. The culture and perks of being a
- We embrace a maverick attitude. We're willing to challenge
convention and think beyond the ask.--
- We are committed to relentless pursuit. We're curious with a
focus on personal growth.
- We value selfless teamwork, demonstrating strong leadership
qualities with a knack for collaboration.
- We are thoughtfully rigorous, have a strong work ethic and have
strong attention to details.
- We stop to celebrate. Through our "Cheers for Peers" happy
hours, values-based awards during All Hands Meetings and on-the-fly
high fives, we recognize the contributions of individuals and teams
- We are a learning organization. From formal learning programs
to our monthly catered "Lunch & Discuss" sessions, we are committed
to continuous learning and growth as a team.--
- We offer comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and
- We provide employer-paid short-term disability and long-term
disability plans and life insurance.
- We're more concerned about how we work than where we work. We
offer remote work and office hours flexibility as needed.--
- We trust our team. Our unlimited PTO policy allows you to
refresh, rejuvenate and attend to personal matters as
- We are surrounded by badass talent and clients. Our work has
been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, Wired, Product Hunt, and more.
Physical requirements: Job may require sitting for long periods of
time and minimal if any, lifting. Tallwave is an equal opportunity
employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Tallwave, Scottsdale , Director/Senior Director of Data & Technology, Executive , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!