Manager, Platform Engineering
Company: Early Warning Services LLC
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Early Warning-- is always looking for talented professionals to
join our team and help us create amazing payments experiences! For
over 25 years, we've been a leader in financial technology that
protects and advances the global financial system.-- We are a
fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial spirit offering
competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, and a fun, casual
atmosphere filled with opportunity.--Come work with a diverse,
talented team creating the future of payments! Overall Purpose This
position provides oversight to a platform engineering group and is
responsible for supporting the design, development, implementation,
and support of infrastructure automation and continuous delivery.
This position manages the 24x7x365 operational support of operating
systems, services, software, firmware and servers. This position
focuses on internal and external customers to provide best in class
service, with an emphasis on efficient resource management and
audit controls. Essential Functions
- Be a thought leader and lead a high performing team. Serves as
a senior point of technical expertise while managing and motivating
team members. Communicates company goals, practices, and values.
Responsible for hiring, training and assessing performance and
development, and keeping management updated on team outcomes.
Oversee on-call rotation schedules, ensuring staff adhere to SLAs
for support. Additionally, oversee any Severity 1 system issues,
performing triage and ensuring a well-organized efficient
- Lead automation of system and application infrastructure.
- Provide technical guidance to infrastructure-as-code
- Guide efforts applied to identification, enhancement and
automation of applications and systems.
- Ensure testing policies and procedures are followed.
- Provide input for employee selection, training, guidance,
performance management and development to ensure department
objectives and Service Level Agreements (SLA) are met.
- Actively contribute toward the vision, organization and
leadership of the Platform Engineering team.
- Enhance and mature the Agile software development lifecycle
within the team by applying industry best practices and
- Keep management informed of team progress, problems and
- Participate in and support initiatives for Business Continuity
and Disaster Recovery Planning.
- Serve as main liaison between Platform Engineering and other
departments within the company.
- Promote DevOps principles and collaborate with other
- Support the company's commitment to protect the integrity and
confidentiality of systems and data. Minimum Qualifications
- Education and experience typically obtained through completion
of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or 6 or more years
of related industry experience.
- Two or more years of experience in the following:
- system automation, scripting, Chef, Ansible or similar
- cloud technologies
- VMWare, Kubernetes, AWS, or similar
- Demonstrated experience with state of the art technology,
architecture and design concepts, operating systems, database
systems, computer networking, and security.
- Experience with open source frameworks and tools.
- Proven experience in Agile and DevOps software development
philosophy, methodologies, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in cross-functional
groups and generate results.
- Must be able to excel in a fast paced environment with multiple
- Work experience that demonstrates a strong sense of ownership,
urgency, and drive.
- Ability to envision project goals, product architectural
solutions, and focus on details and tasks to ensure successful
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple
deadline-driven projects simultaneously.
- Two or more years of prior leadership experience or team lead
- Proven leadership skills in leading DevOps teams and their
interaction across an organization.
- Background and drug screen. Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams to create
technical solutions and implementation. Employee must be able to
perform essential functions and physical requirements of position
with or without reasonable accommodation. Physical Requirements
Working conditions consist of a normal office environment. Work is
primarily sedentary and requires extensive use of a computer and
involves sitting for periods of approximately four hours. Work may
require occasional standing, walking, kneeling and reaching. Must
be able to lift 10 pounds occasionally and/or negligible amount of
force frequently. Requires visual acuity and dexterity to view,
prepare, and manipulate documents and office equipment including
personal computers. Requires the ability to communicate with
internal and/or external customers. The above job description is
not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of
the position. Incumbents will follow instructions and perform other
related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Some of the Ways We Keep You Healthy & Happy-- All the benefits you
- Healthcare Coverage ---Competitive medical, dental, and vision
plans as well as pre-tax savings through flexible spending accounts
(FSA) for commuting, health & dependent care expenses.
- Income Protection ---Life & Disability Insurance options
ensuring financial coverage for you and your family.--
- 401(k) Retirement Plan ---Featuring a 100% Company Safe Harbor
Match on your first 4% deferral immediately upon
- Work Life Management ---Generous and flexible paid time off
benefits for when you'll need to take some time away from work to
care for yourself or a loved one.--
- Health & Wellness Program ---An award-winning program designed
to take a personalized, interactive approach to empower you to live
your healthiest life.--
- Employee Assistance Program--- Resources and tools to help you
and your family find a solution to whatever life throws at you.--
And some you might not-----
- Tuition Benefits Program--
- Employee Referral Bonus--
- Legal Services & Credit Counseling--
- Pet Insurance--
- Charitable Giving Matching Program--
- Employee Resource Groups-- All full-time, regular Early Warning
employees (as defined in company policy and based on state laws and
regulations) are eligible for the benefits. Early Warning Services
is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and
employees will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, religious creed, ethnicity, ancestry,
national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry,
disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other
characteristic protected by law. Posted 3 Days Ago Full time
REQ2021268 About Us CURRENT EMPLOYEES: Internal applicants will
need to apply for open positions through their Workday account.
Click on the "Careers" worklet and complete the internal
application. For questions, please contact the recruiter listed on
the open position. Early Warning Services-- delivers innovative
payment and risk solutions to financial institutions
For over 25 years, Early Warning has been a leader in technology
that helps protect and advance the financial system. We serve a
diverse network of approximately 2,500 financial institutions,
government entities and payment companies. Our product solutions
enable real-time funds availability for a variety of payment types
through our payments network. We extend careful consideration for
each and every application, without regard to race, color,
religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy),
age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any
other characteristic protected by law. Equal employment opportunity
(EEO) is the law. View supplemental EEO is the law poster . Early
Warning has developed and maintains a written AAP and upholds pay
transparency nondiscrimination Privacy Notice Effective: January 1,
2020 This privacy notice is intended to inform you of the
categories of personal information to be collected and the purposes
for which the categories of personal information shall be used in
connection with managing your application for employment with Early
Warning Services, LLC ("Early Warning").
Keywords: Early Warning Services LLC, Scottsdale , Manager, Platform Engineering, Executive , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!