Director Of Catering
Company: Doubletree Paradise Valley Resort
Posted on: January 12, 2022
This is the job description for DIRECTOR OF CATERING
Job Title: Director of Catering
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Director of Sales
Supervises: Catering Sales Manager, Convention Service Manager,
Catering Administrative Assistant
Job Purpose: Generation of budgeted top line catering revenue for
the hotel through revenue maximization and profit.
1. Lead, train & mentor catering staff including hiring, coaching
development, performing evaluations,
disciplinary actions and terminations.
2. Develop marketing plans and evaluate trends to modify strategies
that will enhance revenues effectively.
Assist in the production of annual hotel business plan.
3. Drive all catering revenues. Ensure the quarterly and annual
revenue goals are achieved for the hotel.
4. Maintain a close working relationship with the Director of Food
& Beverage, Chef and Banquet Manager.
5. Direct the catering sales effort to ensure revenue maximization
with a working knowledge of food & beverage
compositions and an understanding of kitchen and banquet service
6. Ensure that hotel credit procedures and audit guidelines are
7. Maintain good rapport with local civic groups and companies.
8. Ensure quality standards are met in areas of customer service
9. Use leadership skills in Banquet Event Order Meetings, Pre- and
Post-Conference Meetings, Sales Meetings,
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Have computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet,
and familiarity with brand specific property
2. Exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization,
time management and listening skills.
3. Use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value
to the hotel.
4. Interact with all levels of customers and hotel management.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Marketing,
or a related field
Experience: Minimum 3 years banquet or meeting planner experience,
or the equivalent industry experience; OR,
an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses/Certifications: None required
X Interview, select and train associates
X Set and adjust associates' rates of pay and hours of work
X Direct the work of associates
X Appraise associates' productivity and efficiency for purpose of
recommending promotions or other changes in
X Handle associate complaints
X Discipline associates
X Plan the work
X Determine the techniques to be used
X Apportion the work among associates
X Determine types of materials, supplies, machinery,
equipment/tools used or merchandise to be bought, stocked
X Control the flow and distribution of materials or merchandise and
X Provide for the safety and security of the employees or the
X Plan and control the budget
X Monitor or implement legal compliance measures
X Customarily and regularly direct the work of at least 2 or more
full-time associates or their equivalent (1 full-time
associate at 40 and 2 half-time associates at 20 hours each, are
equivalent to 2 full-time associates).
X Authority to hire or fire other associates, or makes suggestions
and recommendations as to the hiring, firing,
advancement, promotion or any other change of status of other
associates are given particular weight.
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision.
Frequent sitting with some walking and standing. Frequently
lifts/carries up to 10 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and
gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and
fine motor skills. Continually works in normal office conditions
and in close proximity to others.
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Walk extended distances
X Able to work overtime and irregular hours
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection
of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to
add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need
Keywords: Doubletree Paradise Valley Resort, Scottsdale , Director Of Catering, Executive , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!