Operations Project Manager
Company: Caliber Companies
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Position: Operations Project Manager
Department: Caliber Services, Operations
Locations: Scottsdale, AZ - Corporate Headquarters
Who is Caliber?
- Award winning, full-service, real estate investment
- Investor, developer, general contractor, & real estate
- A driver of impactful change in our communities
- The place for accredited investors and their investment
advisers to build wealth with real estate private equity
What is our Mission?
To build wealth for great people, our clients and our team, while
making a positive impact on the communities we serve.
What is Caliber's Vision?
- Complete a successful IPO and raise a minimum of $15m, goal of
- Fully establish RIA sales Channel
- Raise $117m Equity in Funds
- Enhance management structure and recruit top talent
- Solidify listing plan
- #1 Real Estate Private Equity Investor in the Southwest
- Manage over $5b in AUM
- Build wealth for over 5,000 investors
- Transform our communities with projects that make an
- Exceed $500m market cap
What are Caliber's Core Principles?
Accountability: I take ownership of myself and my role at Caliber
by keeping my commitments to colleagues and customers; by creating
solutions when I see problems; and by managing my time and
priorities to achieve our highest desired outcomes.
Respect: I am courteous, kind, and professional with those I
encounter, while understanding others may not always see a
circumstance from my perspective.
Transparency: I share information freely with others; I acknowledge
my mistakes; and I build trust with others by being open and
Who Are You?
- You are a leader helping to chart a long-term course for
Caliber in your areas of focus
- You are a looking to the future to chart a long-term course for
Caliber in your areas of focus
- You are a problem solver - you find ways forward for the
company as we continue to grow
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves - no matter what the
task is, you are willing to find a way to get it done
- You are curious - you want to know what the best practices in
our industry are, who is doing what, how Caliber can outperform our
competitors, and where the trends are and are headed
- You can handle high level conversations, confidentiality,
technical challenges, and complex strategies
- You want to help the people around you and your community - you
Why Does Your Role Matter?
The Operations Project Manager knows how to manage various areas of
the business to a budget, finding opportunities to reduce expenses
through efficient operations. You're quick to solve problems, hold
a natural compliance mindset, and enjoy implementing effective
policies and operational protocols in partnership with Caliber
leadership. In addition, you are willing to accept the challenge of
joining a rapidly growing company. You choose to own up to some
long days and embrace them, and you are honest with yourself about
your contributions to Caliber's success, knowing that your efforts
will continue to grow the company as well your role within it.
This roles collaborates with the VP of Operations to ensure that
the company has the proper operational systems, controls,
administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in
place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial
strength and operating efficiency.
You will be successful in this role through a respectful,
constructive and energetic style that complements the founders and
other members of the leadership team and is guided by the business
and financial objectives of Caliber.
Responsibilities For This Role
- Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal skills that mirror the
mission and core principles of the company.
- Maintains a global view and understanding of all departments
and how every decision impacts each party involved.
- Creates and documents processes that drive operating budgets,
encourage the company to exceed sales, profitability, cash flow,
and business goals, and reduce expenses.
- Institutes continuous improvement programs to support business
growth and scalability.
- Responsible for executing against financial and operational
goals and assessing organizational effectiveness in meeting these
goals through the development, measurement and reporting of KPI's
and operational scorecards.
- Maintains a broad understanding of all departments and
contributes to operations by being actively involved in all
programs and services (e.g. Wealth Development, Financial
Operations, Construction & Development, Acquisitions, Marketing,
- Maintains awareness of real estate market and industry
- Contributes to the maximization of efficiency and productivity
by creating and implementing new processes, procedures, and
structures (e.g. flow charts, standard operating procedures, team
member handbooks, etc.).
- Identifies opportunities for Caliber to leverage cross-program
strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or address
- Negotiates terms and contracts in support of our operating
practices, as well as our short and long-term business needs.
- Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating
condition of the company.
- Collaborate with project teams to execute projects effectively
and efficiently by creating timelines, establishing milestones, and
creating visual reports for strategic leadership that illustrates
- Identify project risks and recommend appropriate solutions
- Ensure project execution within defined budget and
- Conduct regular project status meetings with project
- Develop and implement project management procedures and
methodologies to achieve business goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relationships At Caliber
- Reports to: VP of Operations
- Regularly interacts with team members across the organization,
leaders of all levels, potential and existing clients, and all
Ideal Qualifications Include
- Bachelor's degree in project management or operations
- 2-3 years Operations project management experience.
- Real estate and/or asset management industry experience.
Compensation at Caliber:
- Experience with a 6x consecutive Inc. 500/5000 company expected
to continue to grow
- Learn from the best - Caliber is staffed with industry experts
in all areas
- Continuing training & education - At Caliber we are always
Company Bonus Compensation - You are eligible for our deferred
compensation program which provides for an annual bonus. The bonus
is payable from company cash flow once annualized cash flow exceeds
Stock-Based Compensation - Team member is eligible for shares of
CaliberCos Inc. incentive stock options priced at the most recent
409a valuation price. The shares vest over four years - refer to
the incentive stock option plan for further details.
- Insurance Benefits
- Caliber offers a wide variety of benefits through BCBS of AZ,
Cigna, and Mutual of Omaha. These include two health plan options,
dental, vision, life and short-term disability insurance and more.
Team members are eligible for benefits on the first of the month
after 30 days of employment.
- Team members are eligible to enroll in Caliber's 401K program
on the first of the month after 90 days of employment and a minimum
of 400 hours of service. The company matches up to 4% of a team
members contribution and there is no vesting period.
- Pet Care Discount Program
- Caliber values pets. A Pet Care Discount Program through United
Pet Care is offered and can be taken advantage of from the first
day of employment.
- Caliber offers a minimum of 9.5 paid holidays (New Year's Day,
Good Friday (Half Day), Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day,
Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas
Day and New Year's Eve).
- Flexible PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Use of PTO is encouraged and is available for use with
manager's approval. Caliber does not restrict PTO to a fixed number
of hours per year.
- VTO (Volunteer Time Off)
- We encourage our team members to volunteer their time for a
good cause. Team members may take up to 8 hours VTO, per year for
pre-approved volunteer endeavors
- Pet Bereavement Day
- Pets are family too and in the unfortunate loss of one, we want
our team members to have a paid day off as a time for reflection
- Caliber CARE's
- A program developed to enhance our organization's culture, team
member's experience, and provide support in times of need.
- Caliber Owned Hotel Discounts
- Caliber offers team member discounts at all Caliber owned
hotels (subject to availability).
- Company Sponsored Education and Advancement Training
- Caliber encourages our team to further their education &
skills. We sponsor relevant work-related training and/or
certification, with pre-approval.
Keywords: Caliber Companies, Scottsdale , Operations Project Manager, Executive , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!