Manager - Projects
Company: Cognizant Technology Solutions
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Lead Product Consultant
Science / Engineering graduate
- Participate in the pre sales stage (eg preparation of marketing
materials and collaterals, client calls, demos) proposals and
business development activities to ensure technical feasibility.
- Create solutions based on the customer needs and review
estimates to prepare for RFIs and RFPs.
- Seek opportunities in mining the relationship to provide
lasting value to the customer and share the same with the account
- Work with the client technical team, understand the eco system.
- Analyze customer requirements, challenges from an IT and
business process perspective by interacting with the customer
architects / SMEs and reviewing documentation.
- Provide recommendations (eg product implementation, platform
identification, architecture suitability, gap analysis,
customization/bolt on development and integration, product
maintenance) to address the same.
- Create the solution architecture.
- Present the benefits of the solution.
- Lead Proof of Concept for the business problem.
- Provide inputs on technical robustness and scalability of the
product to the LPC.
- Interact with customers to identify customer expectations and
ensure all customer issues are resolved appropriately.
- Prepare estimation guidelines.
- Review estimates and impact analysis, etcas prepared by the
Senior Product Specialist.
- Understand the complexity of the projects, identify and involve
the right mix of resources.
- Identify the tracks / modules and allocate the same to Senior
- Identify the various stakeholders.
- Identify the dependencies and manage the same.
- Oversee offshoreonsite coordination to ensure transition of
information (handshake) and query resolution related to project
execution and report updates.
- Prepare and track project plan.
- Perform key project management activities like planning, work
allocation and tracking, endtoenddelivery, daytoday interaction
with onsite, status reporting, performance reporting, quality
assurance activities, etc.
- Maintain documentation (eg defect prevention checklist, metrics
- Collate status report and present the same to the customer.
- Work with the various track leads to ensure delivery.
- discuss and resolve feasibility issues with the customer.
- Coordinate with the SQAG (quality team) to meet project/process
- Review outofscope requirements with respect to development and
client as brought up through internal project review sessions.
- Review all change requests to ensure that processes are adhered
- Identify the impact of the same.
- Share and negotiate with the customer on effort, timelines and
- Review billing data and raise invoices.
Design and Implementation:
- Provide guidance to the team from a product perspective and
- Participate and provide inputs in design and architecture
- Identify issues & drive them to closure.
- Handle delivery with minimum escalations.
- Review all deliverables as per the delivery checklist.
- Conduct demos for customers as and when required.
- Identify best practices, share and ensure adoption of best
practices (eg architectural artifacts, interface, tools etc) by the
- Collate, centralize & institutionalize all solution enablers
developed by individual projects.
- Prepare summary & detailed case study for the project.
- Follow up with team members to ensure updation of all relevant
documents in Knowledge Management post completion of each
- Analyze team's capabilities (SWOT) and allocate work
- Resolve conflicts within team members.
- Support team building activities, Provide administrative
- Provide inputs on goal setting and performance appraisals of
- Identify skill gaps and training needs required.
- Provide input into the learning and career plans for team
- Identify training needs of team members and provide coaching
support to them.
- Mentor team.
- Nominate team for awards.
- Conduct training through academy and induction of new team
Must Have Skills
Good To Have Skills
- Webservices - SOAP
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Dec 22 2021
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading
professional services companies, transforming clients' business,
operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique
industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build
and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in
the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is
consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.
Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at
www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by
video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to
present their current state or government issued ID during each
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation
to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email
CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact
Keywords: Cognizant Technology Solutions, Scottsdale , Manager - Projects, Executive , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!