Manager, Claims Operations - Property (Remote)
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Manager, Claims
Operations - Property to join our team! This person may work in a
100% remote setting.*** NOTE - There are 4 open Manager, Claims
Operations - Property positions, leading different teams. The
Manager will need to be available to work between M-F 7:00 AM -
7:30 PM and weekends as business need requiresThe Manager, Claims
Operations - Property manages and is accountable for auto,
property, and other claims operations member service employees who
are responsible for serving our members, and providing appropriate
solutions as they investigate, evaluate and negotiate the claim.
Develops engaged employees through regular coaching and feedback to
deliver business results. Executes process improvements, provides
feedback on the process and leads organizational process changes.
Drives execution of operational risk management, regulatory
compliance training, policies and, procedures.Job RequirementsAbout
USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Inspects and reviews quality of claim files and provide
feedback to employees as appropriate.
- Responsible for ongoing coaching and driving awareness so
employees understand how their work and contributions support the
overall claims and Enterprise strategies.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve operational
effectiveness, member experiences and processes providing feedback
to internal partners
- Creates conditions for success removes obstacles, leads and
- Achieves optimal productivity through managing workload
volumes, staffing, training needs, and identifying and implementing
- Responsible for ongoing monitoring of work to ensure consistent
execution of processes and adherence to guidelines and
- Handles escalations and makes appropriate decisions based on
- Facilitates and guides employees through skill identification
and developing for career progression Supports projects by serving
as a subject matter expert.
- Hires, develops, and coaches claims employees for results
- Consistently coaches employees on claims handling and
identifies opportunities to improve overall process and
engagementWhen you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of progressive customer service, operational, military
or leadership experience to include a minimum of 2 years of claims
handling experience required with demonstrated proficiency.
- 2 years of direct team lead, supervisory or management
- Experience using and interpreting data to make decisions.
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative, customer service and/or
claims handling skills.
- Acquisition and maintenance of applicable insurance adjuster
license within 6 months time in role.Preferred Experience:
- Highly Proficient in one or more of the following:
Xactanalysis/Xactimat, Microsoft Excel, Access or Publisher,
Tableau, Process design or Process engineering
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 years Property Claims Experience
- Completed insurance designation (i.e. CPCU, SCLA, AIC)
- Strong interpersonal skills, relationship mindset
- Available to work between M-F 7:00 AM - 7:30 PM and weekends as
business need requiresThe above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the
job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is: $88,200 -
$158,900*( this does not include geographic differential it may be
applied based on your work location)Employees may be eligible for
pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average. Shift
premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable
roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to
support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals. Please click on the link below for
more details.USAA Total RewardsRelocation assistance is not
available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Scottsdale , Manager, Claims Operations - Property (Remote), Executive , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!