Posted on: May 12, 2022
Equity Methods seeks a results-focused, growth-oriented
valuation professional to support and drive client engagements
related to the valuation of equity compensation instruments,
complex securities, and related categories. Our Valuation Services
Group offers you the ability to apply core financial economics
principles in a way that directly impacts the financial reporting
accuracy and timeliness at large publicly traded firms. - As a
Manager, you'll apply your experience in economic or valuation
consulting, management consulting, litigation consulting, or public
accounting to the world of valuation for financial reporting. You
will gain deep exposure to managing complex client relationships,
maintaining and enhancing our focus on excellence and pristine
client service, coaching and mentoring junior staff, and more.
You'll also gain exposure to our HR Advisory practice where we
provide compensation analytics and other forms of economic
consulting. Finally, you will gain exposure to broader business
topics in preparation for a wider leadership role within the firm.
If you enjoy problem-solving, are comfortable both excelling in
client service and geeking out with technical models, and have a
collaborative, client-focused mindset, we would like to meet you
and discuss this exciting role. The Role in a Nutshell
- Manage and oversee valuation projects from inception to
completion, which requires competencies in financial modeling, data
analysis, project management, and client interaction.
- Master the firm's standard option-pricing techniques that are
used to value equity compensation awards, complex securities (e.g.,
convertible debt, contingent consideration, etc.), and businesses
(e.g., 409A valuations). Leverage this expertise so you can train,
review, and coach junior staff.
- Review complex compensation and financing agreements to
determine the key terms for modeling and appropriate valuation
- Manage a portfolio of clients, both from a day-to-day service
perspective as well as their overall relationship with Equity
Methods. Be accountable for end-to-end client experiences. Assist
them in understanding other ways EM can help as they benefit from
- Lead client delivery presentations and mentor associates and
consultants as they learn the ropes in explaining complex valuation
topics to senior audiences.
- Serve as an internal subject-matter expert by assisting in
internal reviews, staff training, and other responsibilities of a
senior professional in the practice.
- Manage associates and deliver coaching and feedback that is
aligned to our apprenticeship, promote-from-within culture.
- Represent the company during on-site visits with clients,
industry conferences, and recruiting events, and author thought
leadership artifacts such as white papers and issue briefs. Begin
building a brand in the industry and participate in efforts to
acquire new clients by showcasing EM's expertise. (Travel is
- Support in HR Advisory projects, including incentive design,
compensation modeling, statistical analyses of pay equity, and
proxy support. Some candidates will welcome large specializations
in this practice group. Our Culture and Method of Doing Business.
- Zealous about exceptional client service and delighting every
client, large or small.
- Lean and agile-we don't have manager layers that get to sit
back and just talk.
- Growth-oriented-both in welcoming new clients into the fold and
seeing professional development in our outstanding colleagues.
- Feedback-heavy-because that's how to unlock growth.
- Mentoring-rich-we're not a competitive, eat-what-you-kill
culture, and our consultants achieve professional growth via
hands-on client experience and feedback from leaders.
- All about impact-our professionals love the opportunity to make
an impact on clients, each other, and the long-run trajectory of
- Eager to solve clients' toughest problems-because that's where
the greatest impact is created even though these challenges are
riddled with ambiguity and complexity.
- Devoted to plain-language deliverables that clients find easy
to consume and yet rigorous-because clients value our ability to
make the complex simple for them.
- Not a 9-to-5 job-because all the above items just take time,
even for very smart and efficient people. Qualifications &
- 5 - 9 years of experience in a relevant valuation consulting
field. Note that we do not expect expertise in every area in which
our practices focuses, but do expect solid proficiency in financial
economics and the general tools through which valuation for
financial reporting is approached.
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to design robust,
insight-rich models. However, prior experience in compensation,
programming, or data analytics is not required.
- Experience supervising junior talent and delivering
coaching/feedback that guides them toward excellence and
- Bachelors or Masters in a business discipline that relates to
- Ability to quickly grasp complex accounting, finance, and
economics principles and apply them to real-world fact
- Exceptional time and stress management skills in light of
needing to manage a plate of complex projects with various
deadlines, many of which are in flux.
- Strong detail- and accuracy-orientation. Successful candidate
must demonstrate attention-to-detail with regard to
internal/external communication, developing deliverables, and
- Ability and willingness to think critically and solve
"out-of-the-box" problems independently.
- Ability to excel in both the technical dimensions and
business/client dimensions of consulting.
- Background check required. More About Equity Methods Equity
Methods serves a diverse clientele from dozens of Fortune 500 firms
to early-stage pre-IPO firms. We have served 40 Fortune 100 firms
all the way to early-stage venture-backed organizations. Our
clients span the United States, in addition to some in Canada,
South America, and Europe. We offer a diverse array of services
that solve mission-critical priorities within corporate accounting
and human resources functions. At our size of -100 professionals
and thousands of clients, we combine the best of a large
professional services firm with the best of a smaller, more
entrepreneurial company. The culture encourages innovation,
collaboration, and excellence in continually enhancing the way
clients are served. We work hard in the quest to have high impact
and deliver exemplary service. We have consistently been rated a -
Top Company to Work for in Arizona . You have been redirected to a
Equity Methods job page
Keywords: Equitymethods, Scottsdale , Valuation Manager, Executive , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!