Financial Reporting Manager
Company: Southwest Accounting Resources, Inc
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Essential Functions for this Role:
- Mentor, coach, and develop the team; define and align team
goals with company priorities and values; build morale and
motivation. Hold self and team accountable to maintaining
established company standards.
- Manages and prepares reports that include financial statements,
footnotes and other financial information filed with, or furnished
to, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) such as 10-Ks,
10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy statements, registration statements and annual
reports; and maintains related documentation.
- Assists with the development, documentation and maintenance of
Company processes and procedures and internal controls over
- Coordinates activities of external auditors and acts as a
liaison with Company departments in obtaining information required
by external auditors as part of quarterly reviews and annual
- Monitors current developments related to accounting standard
setting bodies and remains current on technical accounting
literature to identify/assess possible changes to accounting
policies and practices. Examples include SEC, FASB, PCAOB,
Technical Bulletins and other accounting policy and practice
- Researches, interprets and provides accounting guidance and
support based on adopted interpretations and maintains related
documentation, as necessary.
- Maintains and updates, as applicable, the Company's accounting
- Provides training and accounting guidance to the Company's
accounting staff and other Company departments.
- Reviews reconciliations, roll forward and other schedules
prepared by staff and other departments that support Company's
- Manage stock issuances and relationship with transfer
- Oversees the preparation of periodic investor reports in
collaboration with the Company's asset management team.
- Be a Sage Intacct and Planful guru; drive process improvement
and automation efforts to streamline financial reporting
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor and/or Master's Degree in Accounting.
- 6+ years of public (Big 4 or Tier II National) accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- 1 year of experience in leading an External Reporting function
that involves SEC disclosure and reporting, reconciliation and
- Strong analytical skills, efficient and self-motivated with the
ability to recommend, develop, document and implement process
improvements across the organization
- Strong accounting research and technical problem solving
skills. Public company experience a plus
- Excellent communication, collaborative skills and ability to
partner with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to prioritize workloads, tasks, meet deadlines and
respond to changing priorities in a dynamic and growth
- Ability to partner with cross-functional groups and leaders to
drive and influence business solutions.
For immediate consideration email your resume in a word.doc to
Thyra at email@example.com
Keywords: Southwest Accounting Resources, Inc, Scottsdale , Financial Reporting Manager, Executive , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!