Counselor / Therapist Residential Program Manager
Company: Anew Treatment Center
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Anew Treatment Center is seeking an associate or licensed
therapist (LPC/LMFT) who desires to join the leadership team as the
Residential Program Manager providing direct support to the
Clinical Director and overseeing client care for the 10-bed
Residential Behavioral Health facility. This position is an amazing
opportunity for an associate clinician who desires to gain
experience toward licensure while also working collaboratively with
the Clinical Director to manage and direct the client support staff
services provided within the residence by Behavioral Health
Technicians. This individual will receive supervision and training
from highly skilled therapists in family, individual and group
counseling within a modernized therapeutic community providing
residential care to adults with complex psychiatric disorders. This
position has an opportunity for tremendous growth within the
company as the organization aims to expand its residential program
over the course of the next two years. This individual possess
strong organizational, management and communication skills. The
Residential Program Manager is responsible for collaborating with
the Clinical Director regarding the coordination and delivery of
care, treatment and services provided to residents admitted to
Anew's Clinical Residential Program. Clients within this program
reside within an AZ state licensed Behavioral Health Residential
Facility (BHRF) and Care Home licensed though the city of
Scottsdale. The Residential Program Manager's office is located
within the BHRF; however, the Manager may occasionally travel to
Anew's Campus (OP LIC facility) located in a location approximately
10 miles from the BHRF.Essential Functions and Responsibilities To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education,
training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Service as the Administrator for the AZ LIC Behavioral Health
Residential Facility (BHRF).
- Ensure the RBHF Facility's adherence and compliance with AZ and
Care Home LIC requirements.
- Updates policy and procedures, in collaboration with the
Clinical Director, as required and in accordance with the Arizona
- Develop and maintain Staff Schedules in accordance with LIC
requirements, communicate directly with the Clinical Director
regarding scheduling needs and participate in hiring.
- Serve as the Director of Food Services for the BHRF and
consults regularly with the contracted Registered Dietician and
maintains documentation as required by the AZ BHRF Admin
- Ensures that the staff are oriented, trained and evaluated on
their knowledge of and adherence to compliance, policies and
procedures and other items as specific to their jobs.
- Provide employee feedback and performance improvement plans, as
- Ensures clients who admit to the facility are supported with
coordinating nursing, medical, health-related or ancillary
services, as indicated.
- Ensures staff maintain a clean and safe environment, including
assurance that LIC requirements are posted conspicuously throughout
the facility and updated, as indicated.
- Ensures Clients Support staff are adhering to job duties and
responsibilities, including ensuring clients schedules,
documentation and other needs are completed in a competent and
- Communicates with physicians regarding changes in clients' care
or presentation and facilitates follow through on doctor's
recommendations and referrals.
- Facilitates care transitions between hospitals and emergency
departments for new and established residents and schedules or
ensures scheduling of follow-up appointments as recommended by the
- Establishes care with appropriate physicians within one week of
new client intake.
- Tracks clients' physician appointments, schedules appointments,
and ensures proper follow up.
- Communicates with physicians to obtain proper documentation for
all medical and dental appointments.
- Coordinate lab work (blood work) as requested by clients'
- Organizes, arranges-for, and/or transports residents to
medical/dental or labwork appointments as needed.
- Coordinate with admissions team and client's family regarding
healthcare needs for new intakes upon admission.
- Communicates with the residents' clinical team and families
- Observes residents to monitor activities and behavior, and
documents notable behaviors, medical and medication behaviors, and
rules violations. Provide one-to-one supervision for any resident
- Communicate effectively and promptly with members of the entire
treatment team via shift reports, email, phone call, etc.
- May work after scheduled shift, weekends, and holidays as
- Facilitate medication support groups for clients.
- Supervise and document dissemination of medication through
daily med line and weekly medication pick up appointments.
- Maintain the accurate documentation of the Medication
Administration Record for each client.
- Document, count, and control medications, petty cash, credit
- Basic administrative support, such as phones, faxes,
correspondence via email, filing, etc.
- Crisis management and intervention within accepted behavior
management principles and as directed by clinical team.
- Fully understand and maintain policies regarding professional
ethics, including appropriate boundaries and patient
confidentiality; monitor documents according to company and HIPAA
- Professionally, ethically, and compassionately relates to
clients, families, referral sources and staff at all times.
- Meet timeliness expectations of completing work as scheduled,
demonstrating self-paced performance and adjusting priorities as
- Meet quality expectations of accuracy, completeness, and
responsiveness to feedback.
- Write clear and concise statements summarizing client's
feelings, presentation and response in clinically significant
- Model appropriate interpersonal relationships, emotional
regulation, and boundaries.
- Model and reinforce positive behaviors of clients, and promotes
social interaction by conversing with them, participating in
activities with them, etc.
- Knowledge of current legal standards pertaining to professional
practice, reporting requirements, professional boundaries, and
- Reports any immediate safety hazards to appropriate supervisory
personnel or maintenance personnel.
- Report resident abuse and neglect.
- Attend and participate in assigned and required trainings,
supervisions, and weekly meetings.
- Ability to demonstrate awareness and respect for cultural,
lifestyle, age, gender, and sexual orientation diversities of
clients and staff; apply knowledge of age, gender, and
multi-cultural counseling skills.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Minimum
- Master's degree in the field of psychology required; Associate
Licensed MFT / LPC required.
- Three years of experience in Mental Health Treatment required
within 2-3 years in residential setting preferred.
- If the employee does not have the required experience, they
shall participate in a specific plan of supervision and in-service
training to perform the job.
- Experience with crisis-management and de-escalation
- Comprehensive management and organizational leadership skills
- Specific, required, current, and active licensure,
registration, or certification must be maintained in good
- Preferred candidates should have sound understanding of mental
illness, co-occurring disorders, and milieu therapy.
- Proficient computer skills and ability use various software
- Have a valid driver's license in good standing and auto
- Successfully complete drug screen and comprehensive background
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability in schedule are essential.
Keywords: Anew Treatment Center, Scottsdale , Counselor / Therapist Residential Program Manager, Executive , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!