Assistant Director of Finance
Company: Classic Hotels & Resorts
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Summary of Position:The ADOF is responsible for a variety of
accounting disciplines in a Shared Service environment. This
includes assisting the DOF in directing the financial activities of
each business entity, safeguarding the assets, and preparing all
financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting
principles. This position is a direct support to the Director of
- Assist with the preparation of accurate and timely monthly
- Develop and maintain internal controls in all
- Assist with inventory calculations and verifications as
- Assist with other daily and monthly accounting functions as
- Complete monthly reconciliations of various accounts.
- Assist with compilation of monthly revenue and labor
- Assist with special reporting and analysis projects.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental
policies, service procedures and standards.
- Maintain all contracts, leases and other legal and financial
- Responsible for timely review and renewal of all operating
licenses and permits.
- Assist with ongoing financial training efforts throughout the
- Assist with routine supervision and support of accounting staff
- Attend and conduct meetings as required both within the
department and within the Resort's organization structure.
- Act as liaison for all Department Head requests.
- Ensure a smooth Accounts Payable process.
- Review and approve bi-weekly payrolls via ADP and
- Partner with Senior Staff Accountant to ensure the timely
billing of all direct bill accounts with complete backup and
- Prepare Tax Returns for City & State and an ensure tax
- Complete month end journal entries and prepare G/L for
- Prepare supporting work sheets for assets and liability
- Complete all general ledger and bank reconciliations.
- Ensure a timely month-end close.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance, the
Regional Director of Finance and the General Manager.
- Other Duties:
- Maintain high level of accuracy through proper monitoring and
efficient review of daily/monthly activities of the
- Support Department Heads with managing their individual
business units by providing timely, accurate and useful
- Support DOF in company growth opportunities.
Qualifications:Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance
or Business Administration, preferred but not requiredExperience:
Minimum 2 years of accounting managerial experience in hotel
accounting environmentCertificates or Licenses: N/AKnowledge,
Skills, and Abilities:Strong technical knowledge of general ledger,
accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll functions.Ability
to utilize computer software and hardware required. Experience with
SMS Property Management, Aloha, ADP, Paylocity, Delphi and Sage
software preferred.Must be a team builder who has a history of
attracting, retaining and motivating staff.Excellent in verbal,
written and interpersonal communication skills.Ability to listen,
effectively accomplish task, and speak clearly.Personal
Characteristics:--- Behaves ethically and honestly--- Communicates
effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough,
and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the
English language--- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance
appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards
are available for review)Working Conditions:Attendance as scheduled
is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort &
Spa.The Scott Resort & Spa's leaders and team members believe each
guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create
A HEARTfelt experience---BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests
to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott,
team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful,
Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes
possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect
for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun,
friendly, engaging and enthusiastic team members treat every guest
as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential
to success with our property. Source: Classic Hotels & Resorts
Keywords: Classic Hotels & Resorts, Scottsdale , Assistant Director of Finance, Executive , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!