Director, Global Security (Location: Open to US or International)
Company: APL Logistics
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Reporting directly to the Sr. Director, Risk Management, the
Director, Global Security, will manage all Asset Protection and
Security responsibilities worldwide. This position will create a
consolidated global function by assessing current vulnerabilities,
and then develop , and implement customized, cost-effective
solutions. These solutions should dramatically mitigate APLL's
exposure to security risks, but not impede the ability of its
operating facilities to meet their commitments to APLL clients.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Identify, develop, implement, and maintain cost-effective
security processes and asset protection measures globally to reduce
risks, respond to incidents, and limit exposure to liability in all
- Manage relationships with third party providers with
intelligence regarding relevant global business continuity threats
and emergency response guidance.
- Formulate reports to track investigations, physical losses, or
violations of regulations, policies, and procedures related to
- Manage the regional Security management staff globally, working
with local operations and functional teams on policy
- Coordinate and perform site security risk assessments.
- Prepare for and assess unforeseen threat developments,
recommend changes in security direction and approach.
- Direct and supervise security-related investigations in
accordance with legal requirements and company policies.
- Manage third party relationships that would provide APLL with
on-going, up-to-date intelligence regarding travel security and
health/life safety risks in those countries relevant to the
- Provide and develop organizational learnings, including
enterprise-wide physical security and awareness training
- Manage internally and externally contracted resources,
including guard services. E
- Develop (in collaboration with third party providers, if
needed) Global Security's crisis management plans, which should
include relevant training and tabletop simulations.
- Manage third party relationships that would provide
intelligence support and personnel for executive protection related
services. Manage third party vendors that would provide relevant
intelligence, identify, track, and monitor emerging security
threats and geopolitical issues, which could impact corporate
stability and operations, and provide recommended actions designed
to protect company personnel and physical assets
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Security, Criminal
Justice, Police Science or Business. Requirements
- At least 10 years' experience in a senior leadership security
role with regional or global responsibility.
- International security experience in Asia, the Americas and
Europe, with operational knowledge of country law enforcement and
political environments as they relate to security, including
exposure to China, South and Southeast Asia, Europe, Latin America,
and the U.S.
- A working knowledge of best practices for securing logistics
operations. I. Experience should include either CTPAT and/or AEO
- Supply chain and/or logistics security experience is strongly
- Results-oriented leader with experience establishing meaningful
metrics to measure effectiveness.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills at an
executive management level.
- Proficient in written/oral English. Benefits:
- 401(K) SAVE Plan
- Annual Fixed Contribution
- 9 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life & Disability coverage
- Voluntary Benefits
- Accident/Critical Illness/Hospital Indemnity Benefits
- Tuition reimbursement and student loan assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer funding and wellness
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Referral Program
Keywords: APL Logistics, Scottsdale , Director, Global Security (Location: Open to US or International), Executive , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!