Subcontract Senior Program Manager
Company: General Dynamics Mission
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 10
years relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8
years relevant experience to meet managerial expectations.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:Department of Defense TS/SCI security
clearance with polygraph is preferred at time of hire. - Applicants
selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to
classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within
our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we create the technologies,
products and services that help our nation's heroes keep our nation
safe. The work we do is so advanced, we are continuously moving the
boundaries of what's possible. Here you'll work with the best and
your talent will be front and center on projects that impact the
world. Are you up to the challenge?
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a
Subcontract Senior Program Manager. -
Duties and Tasks:
- Key stakeholder of business area and supports proposal plans,
long range strategic plans, leads the Subcontract Management Team
(SMT consists of a Subcontract Program Manager, Subcontract
Administrator, Technical Engineer, Quality Engineer, and other
support personnel as needed) in developing, defining, and
implementing cohesive, integrated subcontractor product business
plans that achieve current and long-term objectives of the program,
product, and business area.
- Develops strategic subcontract sourcing win strategies, works
with the subcontracts administrator to develop a negotiation plan,
and coordinates with the subcontract administrators to solicit
Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Leads program teams on make vs. buy initiatives in accordance
with company policy and procedures to ensure competitive pricing is
- Generates subcontract risk assessments to assist the SMT on
down-selecting strategic subcontractors that align with the
business area strategic initiatives.
- Works with business development and key long-term
subcontractors to establishes long-term agreements, strategic team
agreements and long-lasting relationships with key
- Supports business area proposal activities with innovative
solutions to meet the program needs and requirements and formulates
/ approves and implements subcontract long-term strategies to meet
the business goals and objectives.
- Compiles and reviews RFI / RFP documents, plans, and
specifications to assist the capture management team in qualifying
opportunities to determine bid/no-bid of an opportunity.
- Provides oversight and insight of cost / pricing estimating
activities related to subcontracts in support bids and
- Leads the development of complex subcontractor efforts that
require statements of work and flow-down of mandatory General
- Assists in review of, technical and subcontract documents for
accuracy, performance risk, and conformance with contract terms &
conditions, intellectual property and other provisions including
applicable federal regulations and business team objectives prior
to signature / acceptance.
- Establishes requirements and monitoring measures for
subcontractors to achieve process, and quality standards and meet
cost / schedule / technical commitments to the business.
- Monitor the subcontractor's performance, manage changes in
scope changes, and take appropriate corrective action as required
in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Responsible for managing the SMT and monitors the
- Leverages the proposal in developing, defining, and
implementing cohesive subcontractor, services, and material plans
that achieve the overall current and long-term objectives of the
program / product, and business roles.
- Will oversee subcontractors for Earned Value Management System
(EVMS) when required, ensures that the subcontractor meets and
certifies the EVMS process requirements. Establishes and sets
integrated WBS-based budget and schedule baselines including the
risk management reserve on major subcontracts where the scope is
not well defined and there is significant possibility for
- Monitors subcontractor work to baseline plans to ensure rate of
work completion is sufficient to meet program / product schedules,
develops corrective actions, and communicate issues, impacts and
corrective actions to program teams.
- Balances the subcontractors risks and opportunities with
executable strategies to meet technical requirements and
- Through contractual documents and influence management, manages
the subcontractors that are focused on the delivery of a product,
services, or sub-system from design, development, production, test,
and final delivery.
- On programs and products, leads the SMT on preparing the
subcontract performance status to executive leadership and external
customers upon request.
- Interfaces with customers on technical matters regarding major
subcontractor program / products.
- Leads the SMT team to identify, quantify and manage product
- Develops long-term subcontractor relationships and develops new
business opportunities with the subcontractor.
- On subcontract engagements, ensure that the company's patent
and data rights for the products/commodities/services are
- Supports the subcontract administrator on close-out activities
and ensure deliverables, subcontract documentation and financial
payments have been closed in accordance with company policy and
procedures and program requirements.
Position Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to build and lead high performance subcontract
management teams and manage major subcontractors throughout the
contract period of performance.
- Ability to lead others in team building, conflict resolution,
motivation, develop and execute proposal plans and long-term
- Demonstrated knowledge of highly complex mission products and
cutting-edge technologies including current and potential
applications that align with the customer's strategic
- Demonstrated past ability to exhibit confidence and
professional diplomacy, while effectively relating to all people at
all levels internally and externally.
- Understand priorities, escalation timing, cultural norms, and
unwritten rules for success at all levels of the
- Understanding of interrelationships, roles, and
responsibilities of the internal and external
- Ability to generate cohesive subcontract program and long-term
- Must be able to establish and assure adherence to subcontract
budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance
- On major subcontract efforts, the ability to drive the
development and implementation of a product-oriented Work Breakdown
Structure (WBS) and WBS Dictionary.
- Ability to track work accomplished to baseline plans and
identify issues, track progress, and follow through on effective
corrective actions based on data analysis and trends.
- Ability to understand and analyze subcontractors' program
- Skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective
actions on subcontracted efforts to internal and external
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to evaluate quality of work product to ensure
satisfaction of customer requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of advanced of risk and opportunity
management techniques and ability to apply them to the
- Ability to apply advanced negotiation skills to solve internal,
external and customer issues.
- Demonstrated understanding of business and long-term
- Ability to identify subcontractor partnership candidates best
suited to fill product gaps.
- A deep understanding of program schedules, risk areas, slack
time, and critical path.
- Skilled in the development and implementation of subcontract
strategy and tactics.
- Ability to nurture, train and coach others within the program
SMT and grow the team's intelligence expertise to support future
- Ability to develop negotiation strategies to support
subcontract negotiation tactics which meet program
- Will interact frequently with internal personnel and outside
representatives at various levels.
- Working Knowledge of MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning platforms.
- May be required to travel on an as needed basis.
- May be responsible for increasing the staff within their
responsible business area or work with the Subcontract Program
Management Director to reduce staffing based on new business
Salary NoteThis estimate represents the typical salary range for
this position based on experience and other factors (geographic
location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.
Combined Salary RangeUSD $176,200.00 - USD $190,700.00 /Yr.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse
portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that
enable customers to successfully execute missions across all
domains of operation. -With a global team of 12,000+ top
professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the
bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. -Given
the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty,
alignment and transparency. -We offer highly competitive benefits
and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared
sense of purpose. -You will also enjoy a flexible work environment
where contributions are recognized and rewarded. -If who we are and
what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high
performance team!General Dynamics is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring
a diverse and talented workforce. -EOE/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: General Dynamics Mission, Scottsdale , Subcontract Senior Program Manager, Executive , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!