Sr. Activities Manager
Company: Vi Living
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Responsible for supervising the Lifestyle staff and managing the
Lifestyle department that creates and implements lifestyle
enriching programs. These programs are designed to contribute to
whole person wellness for residents in Assisted Living, Memory
Support, and/or Skilled Care. Resident programs would include:
social and community involvement, participatory and spectator
events, creative and educational programs, lecture series, outings,
special interest groups and clubs, fitness classes, etc. Performs
other duties as assigned. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates all resident programs on
a monthly basis to assure a variety of individual and group
activities and special events that contribute to emotional,
intellectual, physical, social, spiritual, and vocational
- Communicates and collaborates with other members of the
interdisciplinary team to resolve resident care problems, develop
care plans related to lifestyle and enhance care delivery.
- Evaluates the success of individual programs using outcome
measures, service standards, and resident feedback. Modifies
program offerings based on resident desires and preferences.
- Documents care per documentation policy and standards.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling,
supervising, evaluating, disciplining and terminating Care Center
lifestyle department employees.
- Coordinates/develops relationships with community resources,
volunteers, and independent contractors.
- Establishes and leads the community-based Resident Program
- Prepares, publishes and distributes monthly newsletter,
activity calendar, and promotional materials.
- Procures and maintains inventory of programming supplies.
Requirements Key Competencies:
- Must possess knowledge of Medicare guidelines for skilled
nursing as it relates to activities.
- Excellent presentation skills with strong oral and written
- Demonstrates patience and the ability to deal with the stress
and the needs of older adults.
- Computer skills including proficiency in MS Office.
- Has a working knowledge of long-term care.
- Education: College Degree or equivalent experience and/or
relevant certification is required.
- Work Experience: Minimum 5 years of related experience
including 1 year of experience working with people with
dementia/Alzheimer is required. Prior supervisory experience is
- Licensure / Certification: Must be a qualified therapeutic
recreation specialist or an activities professional who is licensed
or registered, if applicable, by the State in which practicing and
is (A) eligible for certification as a therapeutic recreation
specialist or as an activities professional by a recognized
accredited body on or before October 1, 1990; or (B) has 2 years of
experience in a social or recreational program within the last 5
years, one of which was full-time in a therapeutic activities
program; or (C) is a qualified occupational therapist or
occupational therapy assistant; or (D) has completed a training
course approved by the State. ADC (Activity Director Certified) is
preferred. Must possess a valid and current driver's license, where
applicable. Current CPR and First Aid certifications are required
or must be willing and able to become CPR and First Aid certified.
Compensation: $57,800 - $72,200+Location Address
7501 E. Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale, Arizona 85255
Keywords: Vi Living, Scottsdale , Sr. Activities Manager, Executive , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!