Sourcing Manager, Strategic Procurement (BESS) (Hybrid)
Company: Clearway Energy
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Clearway Energy Group is leading the transition to a world powered
by clean energy. Along with our public affiliate Clearway Energy,
Inc., we own and operate more than 8 gigawatts of renewable and
conventional energy assets across the country. As we develop a
nationwide pipeline of new renewable energy projects for the
future, Clearway's 5.6 gigawatts of wind, solar, and energy storage
assets offset the equivalent of more than 10.5 million metric tons
of carbon emissions for our customers today. Clearway Energy Group
is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Carlsbad, Calif.;
Scottsdale, Ariz.; Houston; and Princeton, N.J. For more
information, visit clearwayenergygroup.com.
The Sourcing Manager, Strategic Procurement (BESS), is responsible
for implementing a best-in-class sourcing strategy to secure the
battery storage equipment needed to advance Clearway's
multi-gigawatt project pipeline. The successful candidate will have
demonstrated expertise in facilitating vendor selection, contract
negotiation, and ongoing contract administration for battery
storage contracts at the utility scale. This position will manage
Clearway's relationships with major battery storage equipment
vendors, implementing a multi-year procurement strategy and
informing our forward cost model. The Sourcing Manager, Strategic
Procurement will work closely with other members of the Project
Development team to incorporate market intelligence and vendor
inputs into the bid evaluation and contracting process, as well as
coordinating between internal functions (Development, Engineering,
Legal, and Construction) to advance vendor selection, contract
negotiations, project setup, and ongoing contract
This position will report to the Director, Strategic Procurement
(Solar & BESS), and can be based in Carlsbad, CA, Houston, TX,
Scottsdale, AZ or San Francisco, CA offices.
Principal Responsibilities & Key Results
- Support the Director of Strategic Procurement in achieving the
team's mission and objectives, including development and
implementation of a best-in-class sourcing strategy for
owner-furnished equipment (OFE) for battery storage
- Maintain strategic relationships with existing key vendors,
managing multi-year and multi-project framework
- Build and maintain relationships with key players in the energy
storage industry to understand and monitor the commercial readiness
of emerging technologies; manage vendor on-boarding and internal
- Document current and future pricing guidance of all battery
technologies to inform cost and technology roadmap development and
- Support and lead bidding and contracting efforts for battery
storage OFE sourcing in coordination with development, engineering,
construction, and legal.
- Manage the development of RFP documentation, bidding
strategies, identification and qualification of bidders. Support
the evaluation of bid responses and make shortlist and award
recommendations that drive value creation and mitigate
- Effectively support the negotiation of agreements for items
related to scope, price, terms & conditions, delivery, and contract
changes with suppliers in accordance with Clearway
- Apply contracting abilities, editing of work scope,
understanding of company terms and conditions, and accurate
monitoring of commercial changes from award to delivery.
- Ensure-through effective contract negotiation-that Clearway
projects meet objectives related to safety, cost, delivery
performance, schedule and quality.
- Ensure that Clearway risks are mitigated through alignment
across major project agreements (EPC agreement, Equipment supply,
PPA, Warranty, etc.).
- Ensure timely and frequent engagement with key cross-functional
teams on all issues related to equipment supply. Support and
facilitate internal team resolution on material changes to
agreements across both commercial and technical issues.
- Coordinate and manage issuance and administration of purchase
orders, including the coordination of deliveries, invoicing,
payment, lien waivers, etc.
- Coordinate with Engineering to gather and maintain
specifications, scopes of work, and standards to be followed for
Clearway solar and storage projects.
- Assist with the project financing process, facilitating inputs
from OEMS and interdisciplinary teams to independent engineering
- Assist in identification, development and implementation of new
contract policy and processes, including incorporation of
continuous process improvement.
Knowledge & Skills
- Project management skills working with large-scale solar, wind,
and/or storage development projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an
understanding of contract language
- Working knowledge of the integration between procurement and
supply chain systems data is helpful but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in contract management, supply chain
management, procurement, or related field required.
- Three or more years of storage contracting, EPC, procurement,
or other related experience is required.
- Five or more years of solar and/or storage EPC and major
equipment contracting experience is desired.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
Clearway will not sponsor nonimmigrant visas for this position
(H-1B, TN, E-3, etc.).
Keywords: Clearway Energy, Scottsdale , Sourcing Manager, Strategic Procurement (BESS) (Hybrid), Executive , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!