IT Technical Project Manager
Company: Clearway Energy
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Clearway Energy Group is leading the transition to a world powered
by clean energy. Along with our public affiliate Clearway Energy,
Inc., we own and operate more than 8 gigawatts of renewable and
conventional energy assets across the country. As we develop a
nationwide pipeline of new renewable energy projects for the
future, Clearway's 5.6 gigawatts of wind, solar, and energy storage
assets offset the equivalent of more than 10.5 million metric tons
of carbon emissions for our customers today. Clearway Energy Group
is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Carlsbad, Calif.;
Scottsdale, Ariz.; Houston; and Princeton, N.J. For more
information, visit clearwayenergygroup.com.
The role of the Technical Project Manager is to Lead and coordinate
projects that deliver key capabilities for IT systems that focus on
Renewables Operations. They will plan, execute, and finalize
projects and tasks according to the deadlines and within budget.
This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of
team members, third-party contractors or consultants. The Technical
Project Manager will also define the IT objectives and oversee
quality control throughout its life cycle. The Technical Project
Manager will create and maintain an information project plan that
communicates tasks, milestone dates, status and resource allocation
for projects, initiatives, and support. This role also coordinates
delivery of development and production releases that meet quality
assurance standards. Assist and lead technical teams in design and
Principal Responsibilities & Key Results
- Lead projects and coordinate teams to solve complex problems
through your leadership in applying your project management,
systems engineering and people skills.
- Lead Projects and coordinate teams for implementation of
technical solutions for Business Operations.
- Integrate programmatic, technical, systems engineering,
business and personnel elements of project.
- Lead and defend technical and programmatic decisions
- Coordinate to identify, prioritize, and manage Clearway Energy
projects and technology tasks.
- Serve as liaison between the Clearway Energy business, Vendors,
Contractors, Consultants and Internal teams to facilitate planning,
coordination and project and technology efforts.
- Develop, present, and lead project planning efforts including
project definition, project justification/NPV, proposals, success
criteria, risks/issues, requirements definition, technical design,
testing procedures and documentation, system documentation, user
training, and production delivery while coordinating and
communicating with business and technical resources.
- Manage the implementation of system enhancements and new
systems through the project life cycle insuring appropriate
documentation and processes to ensure compliance.
- Manage projects for delivery of Operational IT systems and
applications to support Realtime Operations and Maintenance
business functions of Clearway Energy Renewables.
- Manage projects to implement and enhance systems and
applications related to Renewables Plant Operations, Integration of
Plant and Business systems via SCADA, WAN, LAN technologies for
Plant IT/OT Infrastructure and applications..
- Extensive knowledge of interfaces, integrations and process
- Host and facilitate regular meetings with business and
cross-functional technical resources for status updates,
requirements definition, technical design, architectural reviews,
demand management, and audit review.
- Effectively communicate project and technology delivery
expectations to cross-functional team members and stakeholders in a
timely and clear fashion.
- Maintain actual and forecast budgets, status reports, meeting
minutes, and follow-up with business partners and technical
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before delivery to the
business or production support.
- Effectively applies appropriate project and development
methodology and enforces project and development standards.
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with Project/Program management tools is
- Proficiency in MS Office and Visio tools is required
- Experience with managing projects involving IT/OT
Infrastructure, Control Systems, Network, Servers and Telecom
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, ServiceNow platforms is a
- Experience with Greenfield/Brownfield Renewables (Solar and
Wind) project delivery is a plus.
Experience & Education
- BA degree in information technology or equivalent experience
(minimum 10 years)
- 5+ years of systems and applications delivery experience,
particularly control systems, network topology, protocols, security
- 3+ years' experience in facilitating and managing medium to
large projects through project life cycle leading teams of 10-15
technical and business resources.
- 3+ years' experience in a technical business analyst role
working with developers and technical IT resources.
- 3+ years' experience working with iterative style project life
cycles in IT/OT Infrastructure domain.
- Understanding of IT methodologies, processes, and project
- Understanding and familiarity with array of technologies such
as operating systems, security, networking, applications
configuration, software development, etc.
- Ability to create/maintain project metrics and manage customer
expectations on a weekly/monthly basis including delivery
schedules, scope management, risks/issues, and budget through the
life of the project(s).
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills
with a strong focus on customer interaction, customer service, and
- A motivated self-starter with capability to operate on their
own with little direction and/or monitoring along with an
enterprise vision - ability to see big picture and relate to
- Ability to effectively articulate meeting notes and action
items is crucial.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources,
including upper management, business partners, and other
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members, business
partners, and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of
disciplines and be able to change delivery of communication
- Experience with Power Plant Control Systems, Network and
Subsystems is preferred.
- Understanding and experience with Energy Markets and
Independent System Operators (ISO)
Clearway will not sponsor nonimmigrant visas for this position
(H-1B, TN, E-3, etc.).
Keywords: Clearway Energy, Scottsdale , IT Technical Project Manager, Executive , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!