Director of People Operations
Company: Equity Methods
Posted on: March 13, 2023
At Equity Methods, human capital is at the center of everything
we do. We're looking for a senior manager or director-level leader
with expertise in talent acquisition, employee experience, career
development and employee relations, and compensation and
By way of background, Equity Methods itself is in the business of
people. We are a national consulting firm specializing in all
aspects of compensation, from upfront strategy design to downstream
accounting. We serve 40 of the Fortune 100 clients and over 1,000
publicly traded and pre-IPO clients. We are rated #1 in our
industry and a Top Company to Work for in Arizona.
This is an exciting opportunity because at our size of
approximately 100 professionals, you will be creating the
foundations for our next wave of scaling. Our scaling journey
hinges on the quality of our people, which this role will directly
influence. Success Objectives of this Role
- Develop effective sourcing strategies that prioritize long-run
fit over volume
- Sterling recruiting experience that meets the needs and
constraints of the hiring managers
- Trust and open dialogue with managers as their lead HR business
- New hire integration process that achieves rapid culture
integration and cohort mixing
- Improved career track clarity of associates
- Effective utilization and improvement to learning management
- Acute understanding of the economic and business realities of
the firm Daily and Weekly Responsibilities
- Lead a nimble sourcing team and collaborate with our hiring
managers to identify and screen candidates by exhibiting an acute
listening ear to the skills and competencies that are successful at
- Drive growth in EM's brand in its respective labor markets (in
collaboration with our marketing function) through the effective
and on-brand use of social media, events, and thought
- Implement and manage novel strategies to identify outstanding
passive candidates. Employee Experience
- Support the new hire onboarding process to facilitate rapid
cultural integration and cohort mixing.
- Enhance career path clarity and culture integration by
establishing customized journeys with each associate and
maintaining a regular meeting cadence with each person.
- Originate and execute evergreen and one-time initiatives that
enhance the employee experience in a way that complements the
culture and ethos of the firm. Learning Management
- Provide leadership and ongoing maintenance in learning and
development initiatives, including building out the firm's LMS,
managing content, and tracking utilization. Compensation and
- Project manage compensation cycles and assist in how we
communicate total rewards.
- Support the annual insurance analysis, review of the 401(K)
process, and other benefits areas.
- Drive and support compensation modeling and analysis projects.
- Contribute to the growth of the People function by hiring,
designing new processes, absorbing existing processes, and
successfully driving special projects that arise from time to time.
- Nuture relationships across the leadership team via deep
listening, tight collaboration, and a keen understanding of the
firm's strategy and how talent is a core ingredient to the
- Execture ad hoc -initiatives with exceptional attention to
detail and understanding of the big picture.
- Effectively -support internal and external reporting
initiatives across the people function.
- Refine, implement, and apply best practices for employee
development and performance, and assisting with employee corrective
action where necessary. Basic Qualifications
- Minimum 8 years of progressively higher responsibility in an HR
- Direct exposure to the talent acquisition process
- Efficiency and proficiency with common software tools,
including MS Office, applicant tracking systems (EM uses Jobvite),
LinkedIn, job boards, and HR software tools
- Strong written and oral communication skills (e.g., typo-free
drafting, precision in messaging, and attention to detail)
- Preferred: exposure to a professional services or human
capital-centric environment Behavioral Characteristics
- Ability to understand and adapt to the needs, constraints, and
competing priorities of hiring managers and directors through
flexibility, deep listening, and customization in approach.
- Resourceful and proactive in formulating creative strategies
that are in keeping with the firm's ethos and values.
- Effective in a culture that has distributed decision-making and
fluid roles and responsibilities. As a professional services firm,
business unit leaders are heavily involved in all aspects of firm
operations, which will require the successful candidate to maintain
a highly collaborative approach and excel even when where there
isn't a single decision owner.
- Consistently exhibits a service-oriented, internal client
approach. As a consulting firm, our processes are geared toward
making the lives of our staff easier so they can serve clients
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with
low to moderate levels of structure. More About Equity Methods
Equity Methods serves a diverse clientele from dozens of Fortune
500 firms to early-stage pre-IPO firms. We have served 40 Fortune
100 firms all the way to early-stage venture-backed organizations.
We are rated #1 in our industry when benchmarked against some of
the largest financial institutions in the country. We offer a
diverse array of services that solve mission-critical priorities
within corporate accounting and human resources functions.
As the director of our people operations, you will be enabling the
career paths and development opportunities of countless people.
You'll be doing so in an organization that operates at the top of
its industry and has a track record of producing world-class
experts and practitioners. We combine the best of a large
professional services firm with the best of an entrepreneurial
culture whereby even early-career associates can make outsized
contributions. We have consistently been rated a Top Company to
Work for in Arizona.
Keywords: Equity Methods, Scottsdale , Director of People Operations, Executive , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...