Vice President & General Manager, Site Operations
Company: WEDGEWOOD VILLAGE PHARMACY LLC
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Job Location: Arizona - Scottsdale, AZ
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Job Shift: Day
DescriptionGreat Care, Delivered---is the promise that we make to
our customers. If you have a passion for helping animals, and a
love for serving others - we want you to help us deliver on that
promise by joining our Operations Team.
The General Manager, Operations provides the operational leadership
and management necessary to ensure that the Arizona compounding
labs have the proper direction to achieve all operational
objectives (safety, quality, service, financial, organizational
development, etc) while providing an exceptional customer
experience. Objectives are achieved by collaborating both within
Operations and cross functionally. This includes ensuring proper
budgets, controls, procedures, project management, and systems are
in place to effectively deliver preparations to our customers
ensuring safety, quality, regulatory compliance, and operating
efficiencies. Additionally, this role is accountable to assure a
culture of continuous improvement within the Operations through
employee engagement, education, support, and transformational
change management processes.
Where will you work?
- This is a full-time on site position as the site leader of our
Scottsdale, Arizona location.
What you'll do:
- Provide the long- and short- range strategic vision, plan, and
direction for the Operation in alignment with corporate
- Create environment of cooperation, teamwork, and cross
functional collaboration both within Operations and across
functions to meet customer needs and accomplish the company's
- Ensure a safe working environment at all times and create a 0
injury culture that empowers employees and creates
- Ensure operational knowledge and compliance to all regulations
(USP, FDA, DEA, OSHA, etc.)
- Ensure all preparations are compounded according to all quality
standards and SOP's with minimal waste.
- Develops, tracks, and actions against operational KPIs to
improve safety, quality, on-time delivery, and costs.
- Initiates and oversees major projects (e.g., equipment
purchase, automation, Lean, etc).
- Collaborate with planning team to develop best compounding
schedule. Manage labor resources and equipment across
multiple-shifts to meet planned production requirements.
- Ensure that all personnel are sufficiently skilled and trained
to perform their functions in a safe high-quality and efficient
- Ensure facility and equipment is properly maintained with
minimal down time and uninterrupted plant operations.
- Institute and apply best engineering practices for design of
facilities and equipment.
- Responsible for building/growing Operations functional
excellence. Develops staff through mentoring, assignment selection
- Assist with troubleshooting and effectively resolving problems.
Develop and implement corrective actions to unplanned (atypical)
manufacturing events to ensure a consistent and reliable supply and
- Systemically drive continuous improvement via automation,
process improvements, new technology, and change management tools
such as Lean and 6 Sigma.
- Create a culture of employee engagement and communication
supporting continuous improvement, company's objectives, employee
needs, and customer needs.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets.
- Provide overall leadership and management in the Arizona
Who you are:
- Highly self-motivated and outcome-oriented leader capable of
driving urgency in a thoughtful way.
- Leader with strong communication, consulting, leadership,
development and influencing skills.
- Thorough understanding and practice of government regulations
including USP, FDA, OSHA, DEA etc. in driving continuous
improvement in Operating metrics.
- Strong ability to manage projects effectively and
- Can analyze dynamic business scenarios from diverse
perspectives (safety, compliance, automation, equipment, process,
and people), conduct systematic root cause analysis, and formulate
multi-optioned, data driven, reasoned solutions.
- Have a high level of interpersonal communication skills and an
exceptional ability to effectively interact and influence.
- Strong computer skills
What you've done:
- Obtained a bachelor's degree or master's degree in business or
- Have 15 years' experience leading and managing operations in an
FDA regulated production environment, cGMP experience a must
(Pharmacy is a plus!)
- Experience in a startup environment
- Familiar with regulated business management applications (ERP
systems, CMMS, QMS etc.)
- Strong financial acumen, and experience being responsible for a
- Obtained a Lean/Six Sigma certification and have experience
What's in it for you:
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental,
and flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company contribution to
help you save for the future
- Company Paid Life and disability insurance
- Access to voluntary insurance options
- A generous paid time off program that increases every
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunity for growth - We believe in promoting from within
and do so through our internal job posting program!
For over 40 years, Wedgewood Pharmacy has been trusted to deliver
high-quality compounded medications, now reaching over 40,000
people and the animals they love. Our company has grown
dramatically from our humble beginnings in 1980 because we never
stop asking how we can improve patient care while serving our
customers better, smarter, and faster.
To keep growing, we depend on people who thrive on pushing the
envelope of innovation in everything we do while keeping a laser
focus on patient care. We trust our employees to deliver unique
medications to the hundreds of thousands of people and animals
whose health is our only business.
Wedgewood Pharmacy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees. If you require an accommodation due to a special
need or disability, please let your recruiter know what
accommodations you will need.
Keywords: WEDGEWOOD VILLAGE PHARMACY LLC, Scottsdale , Vice President & General Manager, Site Operations, Executive , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...