Company: Garden Homes
Posted on: May 15, 2023
The primary duty of the Project Manager job is to manage the
project development team of vendors to achieve the development
goals of the Company. The job requires special knowledge, training
and/or experience in construction of commercial or
multi-residential buildings and ancillary improvements,
specifically for multi-resident apartments and project management.
It requires the customary and regular exercise of discretion and
independent judgment on matters of importance to the business to
accomplish the timely completion of the project, in accordance with
Company standards of excellence. This position is also responsible
for helping to ensure proper permitting of the project and
developing and maintaining excellent City Staff relationships to
facilitate the permitting and inspection process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Project Manager duties and responsibilities include, but are
not limited to, the following:
- Manage and coordinate the work of all professional consultants
on the project to ensure tasks are completed on time and in
accordance with specifications.
- Submit permit plans to City, assuring all updates and requested
changes are made by professional consultants.
- Represent Garden Communities during City meetings to ensure
issues with permits are resolved in a timely manner.
- Develop and manage project schedules, identify and promptly
resolve any issues that may interfere with timely completion or
satisfying the City or Company's quality standards.
- Identify and procure all required City permits and payment of
- Manage any PDF editing after issuance of Permit Set's, resolves
CD's / Field Conflicts.
- Manages and processes special applications or auxiliary project
applications for city services.
- Maintains project related documents (incoming and outgoing),
RFP's, Transmittals, Delivery tickets, Unit Summary Sheets, Bid
Spreads, Material takeoffs, and any other applicable document.
- Examine potential development's profitability, sustainability,
and provide analysis on prospective projects.
- Maintain tracking spreadsheet of all technology integrated into
constructed units, ensure updates are provided.
- Train leasing staff on application of appliances and relevant
technology utilized in upgraded model units.
- Manage the tracking and delivery for product(s) using excel
spreadsheets and contacting appropriate parties.
- Assist with RFP development and subcontract buyout.
- Form(s) Design and Development.
- Assist in managing electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Provides business solutions transitioning from old to new
- Assist with Plan printing, ordering, updates, and
- Assist with walk in traffic.
- Any additional items similar in nature not mentioned above.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations are available, upon request, to
assist qualified persons with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job, as needed.
- Two years related experience and/ or training, or the
equivalent of education and experience. TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
basic knowledge of current computer software including but not
limited to: MS Office, PDF readers/ editors, FTP sites, SnagIt, and
other construction based software. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk or otherwise move about the
property, units and rooftop, squat, open doors, climb/descend
stairs. Regularly performs computer work, and operates general
office equipment (computer, phones, fax machine, copier or scanner)
and does filing. COMMUNICATIONS:
- Must be able to communicate (orally and written) in a
professional manner on a regular basis with prospective residents,
current residents, staff, management and co-workers within the
company as well as with outside vendors. Must be able to work as
part of a team. Follows instructions and responds to management's
direction. Takes constructive criticism and uses it as a learning
tool. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position has no supervisory responsibility. ATTENDANCE AND
- Is reliable and consistently at work and on time; willing to
travel, and work evenings, weekends and holidays, as needed. TRAVEL
- Travel may be required within the Southern California Region
and Arizona. OTHER COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS FOR EFFECTIVE
- An energetic, positive, ethical and enthusiastic leader with
strong people management skills. Effective communicator, trainer
and motivator. Inspires trust, respect and loyal team
- Understands business objectives (focus on profitability,
quality, professionalism, efficiency and effective use of time),
and is results driven. Develops practical strategies to achieve
business objectives. Makes sound business decisions.
- Excels in a fast paced, dynamic environment; ability to adapt
to changing priorities; remains organized and focused under
pressure; able to meet deadlines.
- Calmly and effectively manages conflict, difficult and/or
emotional situations; focusing on resolving issues and achieving an
effective solution, rather than on blame.
- General understanding of company's policies and laws applicable
to the conduct of business; follows and enforces such policies and
- Works independently with little or only general
- Is accountable for the responsibilities of the position;
accepts constructive criticism in a positive manner.
- Ability to plan, budget, schedule staff and resources
effectively and efficiently.
- Treats others with respect; shows sensitivity to and respect
for cultural differences; supports diverse workforce and helps to
ensure a workplace and living community free from unlawful
discrimination and harassment.
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion with regard to
sensitive proprietary and confidential information of Company,
residents, and customers.
Pay range: $38-$63/hr.
Garden Communities is an equal opportunity employer, veterans and
Keywords: Garden Homes, Scottsdale , Project Manager, Executive , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...