Company: American Association of Equine Practitioners
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Equine Surgeon- Board-Certified or Board-Eligible Tired of your
IV medications freezing in the winter? Do you want the opportunity
for year-round sun and recreation? Come to beautiful Scottsdale /
Metro Phoenix, Arizona- voted in the top 20 places to live in the
United States! Southwest Equine Hospital is seeking an Equine
Surgeon with a passion for sports medicine and lameness. SWEH is a
well-established (30+ years), 100% equine, full-service ambulatory
and referral hospital. Scottsdale, Arizona has a flourishing horse
population of English Sport Horses, Western Performance Horses,
Arabians and companion / pleasure horses. What we offer:
- --Current surgical caseload is primarily emergency exploratory
and elective soft tissue, with significant opportunities to expand
the orthopedic caseload
- Surgical suite: Large, climate-controlled OR with padded
recovery stall and overhead hoist system, upgraded in 2018
- Facilities: 8 stall barn with video ICU stalls, mare motel,
paddock turnout, and an arena for soundness exams
- Equipment: 2 wireless DR units, 3 portable ultrasounds,
shockwave, regenerative therapies, video endoscopy, and in-house
laboratory. Advanced imaging (MRI, nuclear scintigraphy) is
available at nearby hospitals.
- Central location- less than 30 minutes to most of our patients
and 20 minutes to the major hub and international Sky Harbor
- Close collaboration with other equine specialists (internal
medicine, dentistry, surgery, ophthalmology). What we are looking
- A motivated and talented individual with excellent
communication skills who is excited to expand our sports medicine
and surgical caseload.
- A team member who prioritizes a collaborative and proactive
approach to patient care.
- ACVS Board-certified or board-eligible
- Willingness to be on-call for emergency surgery, shared with
local board-certified surgeons with hospital privileges. With >
300 sunny days per year, Scottsdale and the surrounding Phoenix
metro area is an excellent place to live, work, and raise a family.
We believe in not burning out our associates, and understand it is
important to have time off for a personal life. SWEH has a
"work-hard, play-hard" philosophy and encourages employees to enjoy
the boundless cultural and recreational activities available in
Arizona. Interested individuals can send a CV and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org , Attn. Dr. Ashley Alward or call SWEH
at (480) 998-9460 About Southwest Equine Hospital 100% Equine
Private Practice in Scottsdale, Arizona committed to providing
exceptional care to our patients and clients.
Keywords: American Association of Equine Practitioners, Scottsdale , Equine Surgeon, Healthcare , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!