Veterinary Assistant - Internal Medicine
Company: BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital
Posted on: November 22, 2021
DescriptionBluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital in
Scottsdale, AZ is hiring an exceptional Veterinary Technician (CVT)
for our Internal Medicine department. Do you share our passion for
enriching lives through remarkable care for pets? Apply today and
come join our talented team!Our Internal Medicine Veterinary
Technicians function as liaisons between our internists and our
clients regarding patient histories, care instructions, lab
results, patient updates, and other topics as requested by the
doctors. Additional responsibilities will include assisting with
endoscopic and ultrasound procedures, filling prescriptions, taking
radiographs, and obtaining lab samples. Strong anesthesia and
phlebotomy skills required.As an Internal Medicine Veterinary
Technician, some responsibilities may include:
- Setting up constant rate infusions (CRI).
- Calculating all medical math.
- Inducing, monitoring, and recovering anesthesia
- Setting up for ultrasound and radiology procedures.
- Setting up and assisting with endoscopic procedures (GI, nasal,
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment following procedure.
- Discharging Internal Medicine patients from the hospital,
including basic client education such as insulin injection, SQ
fluid, and feeding tube demonstrations.
- Additional job duties as assigned.Why BluePearl?
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and
discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled
by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and
experience. We are focused on developing our associates into
leaders through talent development programs and leadership
workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates
have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative
quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of
continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education
allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl
University for training, and our clinicians have access to over
2,000 medical journals.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by
providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off
and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance,
advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle
while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all
in this together. We believe in working together to lead the
industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for
pets.BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which
all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an
equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital
status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or gender identity
or expression, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or
accommodation during the application process because of a
disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to
provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a
result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and
a Drug-Free Workplace.256698
Keywords: BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital, Scottsdale , Veterinary Assistant - Internal Medicine, Healthcare , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!