Overnight Charge Nurse - Eating Disorder, Residential
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: May 12, 2022
The Charge-- -Nurse works in a dynamic multidisciplinary team
providing treatment services according to the Discovery Behavioral
Health Clinical Model.**This position offers a $5,000 sign on
- Supervises LVN/LPN staff on shift and delegates/assigns
responsibilities as needed.
- Meets with each potential new admission and completes medical
screening assessment. Screens for medical appropriateness for
admission to facility and consults with the physician.
- Completes initial nursing assessment and full medical admission
process upon admission for each client.
- Ensures all orders from physician/psychiatrist are carried out
and any information about clients and their wellbeing is promptly
and clearly communicated to physician/ psychiatrist and in
treatment team meetings.
- Develops and initiates the Nursing Care Plan.
- Implements Physician orders.
- Administers medications as prescribed.
- Counts narcotics each day, logs appropriately.
- Meets regularly with medical staff to discuss resident
- Provides assessment of medical problems as needed.
- Performs primary first aid and determines need for physician
- Performs vital signs.
- Performs basic evaluative procedures and tests.
- Performs blood draws.
- Maintains NG tube when needed.
- Completing waived test for glucose monitoring, UA, Drug screen,
- Provides health education to residents and staff.
- Responsible to ensure all the medications needed by the clients
are ordered appropriately and available in the facility.
- Manages and orders supplies and keeps a fully stocked and
operational nursing station.
- Conducts a weekly chart audit to ensure all medications have
consent forms. Ensures all orders are carried out and documented
appropriately for each client, all labs are in the client--------s
- Manages client--------s medical needs including schedule
appointments, complete referral/ prior authorizations for medical
treatments and tests as indicated.
- Supports client during admission processes. This may include
checking in client belongings, acclimating client to the program
- Effectively and professionally communicates with families/loved
ones, as appropriate.
- Able to effectively and professionally establish rapport with
- Provides milieu management throughout the treatment experience
and communicates with all team members.
- Bachelor of Science and Nursing preferred, ADN (Associate
Degree in Nursing) accepted
- Holds a current RN license in good standing
- One year experience preferred working in mental health,
counseling, or eating disorders field
- Ability to draw blood required
- Obtain CPI certification within 90 days of hire
- Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification
- Obtain ServSafe certification within 90 day of hire.
- Must possess a current Driver--------s License in good
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.--
-All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin.For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/PandoLogic.
Keywords: Charge Nurse, Location: Scottsdale, AZ - 85258
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Scottsdale , Overnight Charge Nurse - Eating Disorder, Residential, Healthcare , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!