Registered Nurse (ER)
Company: Indian Health Service
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Indian Health Service is hiring for an Emergency Room RN in
Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving Reimbursement may be authorized in
addition to salary.
If Eligible for Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving
- Relocation/Moving Expenses covered and arranged prior to moving
with a moving company. Moving Expenses covered up front by IHS.
Candidates must work for one year for expenses to continue to be
- Recruitment Bonuses up to $5,000 Sign-On bonus awarded
immediately, candidates must work the full year.
Pay: $80,389 - $104,509 per year
Why Choose IHS?
- Do you have student loans? You may be interested in our Loan
- Loan Repayment Application available after entry on
- 10 paid Government Holidays
- Government Benefits Package includes Multiple Medical Insurance
- Pension plus Thrift Saving Plan matching 5% of Salary,
- 104 Hours Personal Time Off AND 104 hours of Paid Sick Leave,
accumulated over the first year.
- Vested after 5 years: Eligible for pension after 5 years of
working at retirement age (62)
- Ability to continue to carry government insurance after
retirement at the same rate as if you were working
*Recruitment bonus and or moving of household goods may be
authorized in addition to salary
- Leads and provides triage based on established Emergency Care
Standards utilizing the accepted Emergency Severity Index (ESI)
system of acuity
- Performs specialized, professional nursing duties in the case
of critically ill, severely injured and/or traumatized emergency
patients. Assess, triages and administers medications utilized in
the emergency room. Observes patients for adverse medication
reactions and responds appropriately or notifies
- Interprets data obtained from observation, examination and
monitoring. Completes patient's charting thru electronic health
- Operates and monitors specialized equipment such as cardiac
monitors, volume respirators, EKG machines, gastric and thoracic
suction, cardiac pace makers, hypothermia devices, defibrillators,
- Provides supervision to the ambulance service.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have Registered Nurse (RN) license or
- Must be a US Citizen
- 1 or more years of ER experience
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
We are located just east of the intersection of Hwy 87 and Hwy 264
in northern Arizona in an area called First Mesa. The Hopi people
settled into this land in the area where three mesas stand side by
side, dotted with quaint reservation villages scattered throughout
the three mesas. Each mesa and each village has its own history and
a surprising variation in traditions. The village of Polacca has a
convenience store with an ATM, a post office (zip code 86042), as
well as a few other small stores, mostly selling arts and crafts.
The village of Keams Canyon, approximately 11 miles to the east,
has a small grocery store/restaurant/trading post, a post office, a
gas station, and a few small stores. Larger towns such as
Flagstaff, AZ (2 hour drive), Winslow, AZ (1 hour drive), Gallup,
NM (1½ hour drive), and Dilkon, AZ (45 minutes drive) offer a wider
selection of shopping and entertainment. The Southwest region has
many other attractions such as hiking, camping, mountain biking,
rafting/canoeing, fishing, skiing/snowboarding, and dozens of state
and national parks in the surrounding Arizona, Utah, New Mexico and
Colorado areas. While many of these activities are a bit of a drive
(between 1-5 hours for most), there are often local groups
traveling from the reservation to the cities or on outdoor
adventure trips on the weekends.
Keywords: Indian Health Service, Scottsdale , Registered Nurse (ER), Healthcare , Polacca, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!