Company: Laboratory Medicine Consultants LTD
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position
Qualifications: Assists laboratory staff in routine tests used to
diagnosis and treatment of disease. Essential Key
- Receives, verifies, logs, and collects patient requisitions and
specimens for technical testing.
- Opens and inspects all specimens to assure an accurate specimen
- Verifies patient requisitions for completeness of patient,
client, and insurance information.
- Prepares and sorts patient requisitions, and identifies and
interprets data to be entered into the information system.
- Follows proper procedures with specimen rejection, if patient,
client, and insurance information is submitted incorrectly on
- Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from patient
requisitions, face sheets, or photocopy of patients insurance card,
into the information system following format displayed on screen.
- client information (group name, referring physician, copy to
physician, address, and phone and fax number)
- patient s demographics (patient name, address, phone number,
date of birth, social security number, gender, medical record
number, and electronic medical record number)
- clinical history (past/present medical conditions, specifics of
medical diagnosis or tests, treatment plans, family history, type
of service, services received, dates of service, and provider of
- specimen gross description (size, shape, type of specimen, and
- billing type (client, patient, insurance, no charge)
- patient insurance information (insurance code, carrier name,
policy number, group number, and address of insurance carrier)
- Reviews data entered with source documents and/or error reports
and enters necessary corrections into the information system.
- May label requisitions, specimen containers, cassettes and/or
slides and affixes coverslip to slides.
- Routes patient requisitions after entry.
- Maintains laboratory equipment and tracks all routine
maintenance and quality controls performed.
- Monitors inventory, places supply order prior to depletion,
stocks and maintains laboratory supplies.
- Files, retrieves, and distributes blocks, slides, and pathology
- Operates, cleans, and sterilizes laboratory equipment,
glassware, instruments, and workstation.
- Disposes of hazardous chemical waste per regulatory
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Complies with all State, Federal, professional regulations as
well as company and departmental rules, polices, and procedural
- Adherence to CAP, CLIA, State Regulations, HIPAA, Safety and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- State licensure, if applicable. Experience:
- 1 year of practical laboratory experience preferred.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment computerized data
entry test and basic skills tests.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment visual color
- Color deficiency test. Equipment:
- Computers, computer programs, information system(s),
photocopiers, scanners, facsimile machines, tissue processors,
drying ovens, automatic stainers, cover slippers, and personal
protective equipment. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Knowledge of laboratory policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment and testing to operate, clean
- Knowledge of medical terminology to communicate with laboratory
- Knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Skill in using computer programs and applications.
- Skill in typing 45 WPM.
- Skill in operating a variety of laboratory support
- Ability to listen, read, understand, and follow oral, and
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with
employees, physicians, vendors, clients, and external agencies.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Laboratory Setting; exposure to communicable diseases, toxic
substances, blood borne pathogens and chemical hazards. Physical
- Physical demands are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk;
sit; use hands to finger; handle, or feel objects, tools or
controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop,
kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by the job include close vision, distance
vision, and the ability to focus. Requires visual acuity and normal
color perception.Scheduled Weekly Hours:40Work
Shift:Company:Laboratory Medicine Consultants LTD Sonic Healthcare
USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and
is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We
prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race,
color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Laboratory Medicine Consultants LTD, Scottsdale , Lab Assistant, Healthcare , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!