Hospital Phlebotomist East Valley (Full-Time and Part-Time) - Scottsdale, AZ, United States
Company: Sonora Quest
Posted on: March 15, 2023
This position may be located within a Hospital facility, Patient Service Center, IOP, or Long Term Care Department. This position is responsible for the collection and receipt of biological specimens into the department, their proper entry into the company's computer system, the preparation of samples for analytical testing and/or the distribution of these specimens to the proper analytical area. This includes responsibility for pre and post aspects of analytical testing. This position will also perform specified analytical testing as assigned. Follows the guidelines of the Code of Conduct.
1. To include the following: 1) specimen collection 2) general laboratory specimen processing or 3) referral laboratory processing. In doing so, ensuring correct patient and specimen identification and specimen integrity by using appropriate techniques for all age criteria as required. Only staff with a high school diploma or GED may perform any specified analytical testing, i.e. Point of Care testing.
2. Enters and verifies patient demographics, location, physician data, tests requested, time and date of collection, appropriate clinical information, and all other pertinent data found on requisitions as required for processing and billing. Verifies accuracy of entered information. Verifies appropriateness of specimens received. Aliquots and labels specimens according to established departmental procedures and practices, delivers specimens to the technical area in a timely manner and / or performs initial processing and preparation of samples for transport. Performs "Triage" process as needed within Patient Service Centers. Level II will assist lead in monitoring workflow and training of new employees
3. Focuses on quality by assuring that all work performed is accurate and complete. Completes documents legibly and accurately per site protocol. Follows established methods and practices. Maintains familiarity with departmental procedures. Uses appropriate documentation to record communications. Communicate courteously and professionally and responds accordingly. Initiates computer generated reports as required for patient reporting and quality assurance monitoring. Meets departmental standards for productivity and quality as currently defined. Level II will have knowledge of more computer functions, i.e. A.R.E. Actively participates in input to dept/system via committees or Six Sigma teams. Maintains acceptable specimen rejection rates and meets the departmental standards for productivity and quality as currently defined.
4. Participates in departmental financial responsibilities through the appropriate use of supplies and materials. Avoids excessive waste. Participates in department initiatives to reduce costs and improve service. Basic knowledge of billing. Commitment to error free work environment.
5. Communicates courteously and professionally with internal and external customers. Interacts with co-workers with an emphasis on teamwork and a focus on customer service. All employees must be able to work all areas/departments/shifts as assigned. Resolves basic service issues. Attends meetings and remains current with internal/external communications, i.e. e-mail, newsletters, etc. Increased knowledge of laboratory terminology.
6. Acknowledges and understands the importance of 'Patient Rights' and privacy (HIPAA). Promotes, supports and exhibits behavior consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Values of Laboratory Sciences of Arizona and customer-focused care.
MATRIX OF INDIRECT REPORTING
TYPE OF SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
SCOPE AND COMPLEXITY
Responsibility may include oversight of specimen collection, processing and referral testing. Assists department manager/supervisor with managing company and department actions. Internal customers are directors, leaders, managers, supervisors and department employees. External customers are patients, physicians, pathologists, medical directors, nurses, vendors, suppliers, and laboratory service representatives
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT FACTORS
Able to stand, walk, bend, squat, reach and stretch frequently May be required to lift up to 25 pounds Must use standard precautions due to threat of exposure to blood and body fluids. Needs adequate color vision. Requires significant use of personal computer, phone and general office equipment. Needs adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects. Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone. May require off-site travel.
DATE APPROVED 05/05/2017
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
Keywords: Sonora Quest, Scottsdale , Hospital Phlebotomist East Valley (Full-Time and Part-Time) - Scottsdale, AZ, United States, Healthcare , Scottsdale, Arizona
here to apply!