FLOOR SHIFT SUPERVISOR
Company: Casino Arizona and Talking Stick Resort
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job Title: Floor Shift Supervisor (day shift) at Talking Stick
ResortDepartment: Housekeeping/HotelReports To: Assistant
Housekeeping Manager/RoomsSummaryResponsibilities include training
and supervision of housekeeping staff to ensure all rooms and
public areas are cleaned and comply with hotel standards. Visually
inspects all areas of responsibility.Supervisory
ResponsibilitiesDirectly supervises the House Person, Linen Room
Attendant and Room Attendant in the Housekeeping Department on a
given shift. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance
with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include assigning and directing work; appraising
performance; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and
resolving problems.Essential Duties and Responsibilities include
the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspects rooms, completes reports and verifies status reports;
reports clean suites to hotel front desk and / or loads into
automated property management systems.
- Completes shift opening duties for housekeeping: checks rooms
inventory, assigns rooms to room/suite attendants
- Monitors payroll reports and work schedules
- Monitors lost and found program.
- Ensures stock rooms and carts are maintained with proper
- Provides customer service to guests (internally/externally),
including information about hotel services, activities, and local
- Promotes team member loyalty and empowerment.
- Communicates and coordinates with Maintenance staff on the
repair and maintenance program as related to guestrooms and public
- Assists with monthly linen inventory.Education and/or
Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent required. One to two
years housekeeping supervisory experience in hotel
preferred.Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an
individual should have excellent PC skills and broad knowledge of
current and standard software applications and hotel systems
(Microsoft Office, Delphi, Visual One, etc.).Other Qualifications:
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule, including
weekends, evenings and holidays and to be adaptable to shift
rotation if needed.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, team skills,
organizational skills, and be adaptable in a fast paced,
ever-changing environment. -
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all
levels of personnel, both in verbal and written modes. -
- Possesses the ability to manage difficult customer situations
professionally, and resolve customer issues in a timely, efficient
and effective manner. -
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, demonstrating flexibility
when dealing with changing business priorities. -
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail and understand
written and oral instructions. -
- Ability to work independently and show judgment and initiative
to accomplish job duties. -
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of inventories, scheduling and productivity.
- Ability to inspect 25 to 80 rooms per day.
- Ability to clean rooms, when needed.
- Physically able to move and / or operate large objects, such
as: maid's carts, suite furniture, large bags of linen, vacuum
cleaners and boxes of inventory.
- Ability to follow and enforce all hotel standards, including
safety procedures/standards and able to recognize and act in
- Presents a professional and well-groomed appearance at all
times. -Language Skills - Must be able to read, write, speak and
understand English. Knowledge of multiple languages is
preferred.Physical Demands - - -While performing the duties of this
Job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged
periods of time; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must
regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. - Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.Work Environment:While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to secondary
smoke. - The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate to loud.
Keywords: Casino Arizona and Talking Stick Resort, Scottsdale , FLOOR SHIFT SUPERVISOR, Hospitality & Tourism , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!